MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
I installed this yesterday and decided to try it with the OEM turn signals - they look big based on the minimalist design but big and bright is good in this case. Here's my question - the license plate light is an LED design with two wires - the original light and wiring is non-LED - does anyone know how to make the new light work with the old wiring?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have the same kit. You have to splice the license plate light into the existing wiring that once fed the old license plate light.

As for turn signals? I have used Kellerman and a few others and have found the high quality LED lights to be as bright as the stock lights...and in some cases brighter as they have a lens to focus the light. Even had friends riding behind me comment on how blinding my little lights are.

The Melotti is a really nice kit...and so is your bike! Looks really sweet.

Sean

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
sorry for the bad photo. you can kinda sorta see what I mean about brightness. the key is to have them adjusted so they project at the person behind you as opposed to being aimed too high or too low.

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent - thank you Sean. Now I can finish the install without worrying about blowing a fuse or damaging the light.

My signals look crazy huge compared to the ones on your bike! I may try and remove the spacers on mine. When I get the Melotti signal lights I will wire those up and see how they compare.

What year is your bike - 2011? Love that paint scheme.

·
Super Moderator
22,111 Posts
Multi...You using and iPad for photos? Your images show up inverted.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Multi,
My bike is a 2010 1090RR Cannonball. The tank is stock colors but the tail section (which used to be all silver) was painted by Justin Barnes of JB graffix. He did an excellent job of matching the existing paint theme while adding a touch of custom.

I really like the paint scheme on your bike...I'm sure that in person in looks even better!!

Let me know how the melotti wiring goes...and good luck

Sean

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Multi,
My bike is a 2010 1090RR Cannonball. The tank is stock colors but the tail section (which used to be all silver) was painted by Justin Barnes of JB graffix. He did an excellent job of matching the existing paint theme while adding a touch of custom.

I really like the paint scheme on your bike...I'm sure that in person in looks even better!!

Let me know how the melotti wiring goes...and good luck

Sean
Looks awesome Sean - it's hard to improve on MV's design - but I'd say you nailed it!

Once I realized the two wires coming out of the Melotti license plate light were different colors (white and light grey - seriously?) and had to be spliced accordingly to the OEM wiring it all worked great. thanks again...

·
Registered
867 Posts
I have the same tail tidy but didnt want to splice anything, so I filed a bigger whole in one of the brackets in order to let the original through, I also kept the original rear blinkers as big and bright is good to me especially in Oz!!

James

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the same tail tidy but didnt want to splice anything, so I filed a bigger whole in one of the brackets in order to let the original through, I also kept the original rear blinkers as big and bright is good to me especially in Oz!!

James
James - it looks like you did away with the spacers on the OEM signals - did you accomplish this by just using a shorter screw and then attach the same way to the Melotti?

The newer bikes have the LED signals and so it's hard to justify replacing them.

Thanks.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hey Multipass,
From memory, I actually put a few spacers in on the rears otherwise the original wires could have been in danger of getting completely flattened when all connected up, if I get a chance I'll post up a close up, not pretty but not really seen and does the job. I'm not an electrician of any sorts and hate changing things like this unless it is plug and play as you always end up with issues.

James

1 - 14 of 14 Posts