MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

Not sure if you all might be interested in a little ride I did about 6 months ago on the beautiful SR.

All up I did about 3,500km over 5 days (yup, 700-800km per day, who said that ya can't tour on an MV!!!), the bike never missed a beat, was beautiful weather except for the last day. Rather than rave on, I had a pencil cam mounted on the bike and took some video. It's not very good and my editing sucks, but you might want to have a look at a sample clip that I put together, see what you think.

I am hoping to do a similar long ride soon, and to make a mini doco about it.

The clip is about 13mb and I have attached it to my web-site. It should load fairly quickly.

MVF4SR :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king:

Harbour City Clip

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
MVF4SR said:
Hi Everyone

Not sure if you all might be interested in a little ride I did about 6 months ago on the beautiful SR.

All up I did about 3,500km over 5 days (yup, 700-800km per day, who said that ya can't tour on an MV!!!), the bike never missed a beat, was beautiful weather except for the last day. Rather than rave on, I had a pencil cam mounted on the bike and took some video. It's not very good and my editing sucks, but you might want to have a look at a sample clip that I put together, see what you think.

I am hoping to do a similar long ride soon, and to make a mini doco about it.

The clip is about 13mb and I have attached it to my web-site. It should load fairly quickly.

MVF4SR :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king:

Harbour City Clip

Wow, you are nuts! but it's great, thanks for the inspiration.

nice vids, thanks for posting.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Awsome video!!!

That was one interesting overtake of the bike and car!!! I was like "OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD!!!"

After watching this I cant WAIT to do Gold Coast to Launceston trip :)

Nice work!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
If you want a good ride between Melbourne and Sydney, do Cann River to Cooma via Bombala.... a couple of hundred kilometres of good quality roads from Cann River going north, and great twisties and high speed sweepers... and cops are very rare.... just watch out for animals in the forested bits.....

Doc :)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the positive comments. To DoctorMV, I know the roads you talk about well. Believe me I didn't go via the freeway, that would have definately been chiropractor city!!!! From Melbourne I went via Whittlesea to Yea and Mansfield, Whitfield, Myrtleford, Tallangatta, Corryong, Cabramurra and stopped overnight in Adaminaby. In the morning went via Cooma, over Browns Mountain to Bega, then the coast road to Sydney. Virtually no straight roads all the way. On the way back I did the coast road all the way back to Melbourne.

To Jimsmowen, it looked worse than it was, I had been doing the right thing behind them for ages, and just got sick of it because they were going soooooooo slow. Because the pencil cam was mounted quite low it did not catch the road ahead. I could actually see that the road ahead was clear. If you do that ride, give me a call when you get down to Melbourne. Or I might even meet you in Sydney and ride back with you. That would be awesome to do a long ride with another MV!!

Cinderella man, give me a call, we have to catch up for a coffee or something.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Great vid, That's also making me want to do a similar ride on the MV. I have done interstaters on the GSXR before but have not done one for many years...and damn I think I will have get myself some of that video gear too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts