MV Agusta Forum banner

MEETING LUCA....when?

1K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Gladio 
#1 ·
Well, me and Greg have decided to go to Daytona on Saturday, pretty much ONLY if we can get some dece parking infield....

Which makes me ask, how can I meet Luca? I'm surprised nobody has made any postings about him or meeting etc....actually, it seems as if the MV showings are pretty weak.

PM me or Greg if you don't feel like posting it here for everybody to see, but we're both pretty bummed nobody has taken the initiative....that, and riding there alone kinda sucks if we get there and find we can't meet the guy, lol.

#2 ·
See the JamesC thread. They're driving from Texas. Parking will likely suck, but don't let that bother you. Sounds like paddock passes are an extra $15 at Daytona. You'll get access to the pits. Go and have fun. No doubt you'll get to meet the guys!

#3 · (Edited)
of course, the BIG race is at 11 AM....
i thought that it USED to be....
1. on sunday
or
2. later in the day

so.....
IF the race is at 11 AM....
it'll be hard to get to meet him, NO MATTER HOW EARLY WE GET THERE.... no?

Saturday, March 10
9:30am–10:00am AMA Superbike presented by Parts Unlimited Warm-up
10:10am–10:40am Lockhart Phillips USA Formula Xtreme Warm-up

Final Events:
11:15am AMA Superbike Championship presented by Parts Unlimited (15 laps, 70k)
12:15pm–1:15pm Lunch Break
1:30pm Opening Ceremony and Pole Award Presentation
1:45pm Sighting Lap for the Daytona 200
2:00pm Lockhart Phillips USA Formula Xtreme, 66th Daytona 200 (68 Laps)

#4 ·
so....
he'll be ON THE TRACK before 9:30 AM

i'm 3 hours away....
and i'll leave as early as i have to
IF we could GET IN at 0700.... then, i'll leave at 0400....

but.....
we'd have to have SPECIAL PERMISSION to do so...... as folks will be LINING UP AT THE GATE by 8 AM to get into the speedway to see the race

how can WE BYPASS all of that to make it worthwhile?

THAT is the BIG QUESTION

#5 · (Edited)
Unless they say otherwise, I'd leave them alone before the race, but that's just me. Some people need to get in a zone and they might have things they need to get done... You'll know where they will be during the race. My suggestion would be to go see the race and then catch them back at their pits right after they finish their champagne in winners' circle! :)

Go early, watch practice and hang out. Stop by the pits, figure out where winners' circle is for the podium shots!

#6 ·
Guys, you do this and take tons of pictures! I you do not post pictures, i will put a spell on you, and ask admin to ban you all..

Have fun guys, this is what it is all about!

Johnnie

#10 ·
admin said:
Yes, ban without photos ..hah :)

Wish you guys luck. Should be NP since Luca as said you can go right up to the pit and ask for them and they will come out and say hi!
i called the folks at mv/cagiva in Pa and they said that there was NO way we'd get in on race day

i have no pit pass...
i'll pay ANY amount of money to get in there

Alvin.....
do YOU know how we can get in there?

#11 ·
Gladio said:
Unless they say otherwise, I'd leave them alone before the race, but that's just me. Some people need to get in a zone and they might have things they need to get done... You'll know where they will be during the race. My suggestion would be to go see the race and then catch them back at their pits right after they finish their champagne in winners' circle! :)

Go early, watch practice and hang out. Stop by the pits, figure out where winners' circle is for the podium shots!
i absolutely agree
i'd NEVER bother them before race time
practice begins at 0930
i'd be happy to be there by 0700..... IF i thought we'd DEFINITELY get in.... since, it's 3 hours from my house

i'd ride the BMW over.... so that i can take my Nikon D200 and all the Lenses necessary for such a SHOOT

#12 ·
spalding12 said:
i absolutely agree
i'd NEVER bother them before race time
practice begins at 0930
i'd be happy to be there by 0700..... IF i thought we'd DEFINITELY get in.... since, it's 3 hours from my house
Try calling the ticket office to see when the gates open to the public and whether it makes a difference if you buy tickets online or at the office. Not sure if the published walk-up hours answers the question.

Ticket Office Phone Number:
Phone Number: 1-800-PITSHOP
Office Phone Hours 9am - 9pm daily
Office Walk-up Hours 9am - 7pm

http://www.daytonaintlspeedway.com/buy_tickets/list_of_events/

#14 ·
admin said:
Theres not much I can do ... been getting a lot of requests. Pit pass and ask the window is most likely the best way-
sorry for all of the requests
how many folks actually live close enough to go?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.