1.jpg

·
Administrator
20,360 Posts
I want one.....any one.... !!! Could I have one please??? :eek:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yes, I plan to be there. I’ve gone every year for the past 5 years. Of course, it’s fun to watch the bidding, but even more strolling the aisles and seeing variety of bikes you never see outside a museum. Buy a bidder pass, but be careful!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yes, I plan to be there. I’ve gone every year for the past 5 years. Of course, it’s fun to watch the bidding, but even more strolling the aisles and seeing variety of bikes you never see outside a museum. Buy a bidder pass, but be careful!
Was a moto mech back in the day so for me seeing bikes of the late 60s & 70s walks me down memory lane.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I'll be there!

·
Administrator
20,360 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
The Tamburini goes through on Wednesday at no reserve. I bet it goes for around $17k.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Not a bad price for the brutale oro, IMO. Old magazine road tests I have priced a new F4 Oro at $37K. A 2004 road test priced the brutale Oro at $28K. They gave a dry weight of 393 lb.
Depending which source you want to believe, they brought either 22 or 26 brutale Oros to the US.
I have #189 (four bikes behind the one in cycletrader.). Interestingly, mine also came from original owner in California (Santa Barbara). But here’s the funny thing. It was sold new through a dealer in Post Falls, Id, a little town population 35,000 near Coeur d’alene, Id. You’d think Something like this would’ve gone to dealers serving bigger population areas.

·
Administrator
20,360 Posts
You’d think Something like this would’ve gone to dealers serving bigger population areas.
I believe the Oros were pre-sold, meaning anyone (including a dealer) who wanted to order one (paid) in advance of production was given that privilege until the 300 units were sold. The buyer's name was engraved on the steering crown plaque if desired. Dealers who bought one just to stock would not have their name engraved.

Does yours have a name engraved on the plaque?

·
Super Moderator
22,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
How did we get to Cycle Trader from MECUM?:thewife::thewife::thewife::banghead::wave::banghead::ahhh::ahhh::ahhh:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts