MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday evening after closing up my store.
I start the bike on the way home .
First slow 90 degrees corner , cold tires , cold tarmac , it was 4 degrees celsius or 32.9 fahre....
To hard on the gas , some spilt gasoline on the tarmac...bang and next second both down.
My body had 2 bruises , small hole in my 2 weeks old Jacket (good warm and protective motorcycle jacket).
The bike pfffffffff , left side bit damaged
Gone start a thread in for sale section , for the parts i need.
Had spare orignal rearsets and blinkers , and bought carbon engine cover today and bar weights.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Very sorry to hear this. Good luck sourcing the parts you need.

·
Administrator
20,100 Posts
That will buff right out !!!!
Glad you aren't hurt...the bike can be fixed....Hey, CAG just got a new Brutale to break...better PM him fast.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Check your steering stop on top of the bottom triple clamp for bend, mush or crack. If so your left bar will come too close to the tank.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Get up and Go!

As most, I've had my experiences with crashes. I never allowed that to slow me down. I found that it helped me focus, which led to smoother riding. When you get back on, smile and get right back into the groove.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thx for comments , my leg is blue and black , but no real pain.
Have been driving the Vfr since then , is sunny but cold here in belgium.
The bike will be renewed with Rizoma for mirrors , handlebar,grips and blinkers :drummer:
Ordered Mv corse crash protection ;)
Chose all in black , don,t love to much colour , the starfighter tank is colour enough imho .
So bike will be nicer looking then ever :)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
How do you fix the frame damage might I ask?

Good luck with all the repairs!

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
It always sucks to hear of a rider down - the only thing that can make it little more palatable is that knowing the rider is fine & the bike is not too bad. Luckily that is the case here - All the best.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
178 Posts
AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH. I feel your pain. I pulled the exact same bonehead under the exact same conditions with the exact same result in late Jan. You will get over it.

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
PS, reason it doesnt look so bad.... I had a small crash guard (which is removed) on the engine. a case guard cover. took 90% of the damage and I suggest all get them for both sides.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts