MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Like the guy said about the MV "This is the bike I want" even though other 2 measured by technical data were 'superior'.

Motorcycling is (in my view) about passion, feel & want. Of course, for many cost can heavily influence the decision.

When you sit on a bike (well at least for me) it should stir something within, just as when you walk in the garage & see it - if it doesn't do that then regardless of technical excellence - you may as well get in your tin top & drive down the street, at least you'll be more comfortable, protected from the weather and obtain the same level of "exhilaration".

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Like the guy said about the MV "This is the bike I want" even though other 2 measured by technical data were 'superior'.

Motorcycling is (in my view) about passion, feel & want. Of course, for many cost can heavily influence the decision.

When you sit on a bike (well at least for me) it should stir something within, just as when you walk in the garage & see it - if it doesn't do that then regardless of technical excellence - you may as well get in your tin top & drive down the street, at least you'll be more comfortable, protected from the weather and obtain the same level of "exhilaration".

Yes, I agree, what annoys me is I am also passionate about MV but they frustrate the hell out of me, instead of saying:

"This is the bike I want" even though other 2 measured by technical data were 'superior'.

With a little bit more effort thay could have said:

"This is the bike I want" it stirs my soul and is better both on the road, the track and in the technical data than the competition, it is the clear winner

And if you listen to some of the remarks it could have accomplished that.

In the video at 2:11 minutes just look how close the front lines are between the MV and the BMW

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
+100

Thanks for posting mate, have not seen the vid before, and that was nice to see and hear.
Without being biased, having seen the Kwak and Beemer, MV for me everytime. And before the "aww my new bike is broken all ready" start's, you should see how often them Beemers break down.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Thanks for posting mate, have not seen the vid before, and that was nice to see and hear.
Without being biased, having seen the Kwak and Beemer, MV for me everytime. And before the "aww my new bike is broken all ready" start's, you should see how often them Beemers break down.

How much? You should know that they sold 10.300 S1000RR all over the world last year. A nice portion of these live only on track, at least in my country. It's not a bike I would buy, but it's an excellent bike.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Yes, I agree, what annoys me is I am also passionate about MV but they frustrate the hell out of me, instead of saying:

"This is the bike I want" even though other 2 measured by technical data were 'superior'.

With a little bit more effort thay could have said:

"This is the bike I want" it stirs my soul and is better both on the road, the track and in the technical data than the competition, it is the clear winner

And if you listen to some of the remarks it could have accomplished that.

In the video at 2:11 minutes just look how close the front lines are between the MV and the BMW
+1000000
I could not agree more dude. So true. Main complaint was about fuelling and flat spots right? Is it not something that could have been sorted out from the factory? I mean other bikes have to go through emissions as well don't they? How do they get all their shit sorted out and not MV? It's not like MV lacks talent either. It's like they go 99% of the way and then they mess up a bit. One of the reasons why despite lusting after the F4 RR I think the Aprilia APRC Factory is more firmly my choice at the moment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts