MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw that MCN has retested the F3 and their "revised" results are out in todays paper issue...anyone got a copy they can share with us?

:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
i read mcn must have missed that
when was that

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Three pages, very favourable, vast improvement on the original. But as expected from MCN still rate the Triumph 675 overall a better bike.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I always find magazine road tests interesting, regardless of the outcome; however, when it comes to spending my hard-earned dollars on a new motorcycle, I'll make my own decision using my own criteria.

I respect that MCN (and others) rank the Daytona 675 over the F3 as an all-around bike, but that's not what I want at this time. I already own an all-rounder in a Ducati 900 SS, so my second bike wants to be a bit of a hooligan, more raw and basic than my other bike, not to mention that the F3 is a new platform where the Triumph is 5-6 years old now. The F3 is the right call for me regardless of the "majority" opinion.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I always find magazine road tests interesting, regardless of the outcome; however, when it comes to spending my hard-earned dollars on a new motorcycle, I'll make my own decision using my own criteria.

I respect that MCN (and others) rank the Daytona 675 over the F3 as an all-around bike, but that's not what I want at this time. I already own an all-rounder in a Ducati 900 SS, so my second bike wants to be a bit of a hooligan, more raw and basic than my other bike, not to mention that the F3 is a new platform where the Triumph is 5-6 years old now. The F3 is the right call for me regardless of the "majority" opinion.

My thoughts exactly! :yo:

When my F3 finally arrives it'll become my back roads blaster.

I'll keep my 900 SS FE for all the other, more mundane stuff. :)

My FE website.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
I can't find the F3 article from that link. What does it say?
Well as Bruce says they (MCN) is much more favourable this time...although they still choose the Triumph Daytona ...but it's a close run thing.
Their verdict reads...
''At last, we can give the F3 our proper verdict, five months on from it's ill-fated launch. It's everything we expected it would be: fast, superb handling, pretty, technologically-advanced with a soundtrack so intoxicating it makes you want to ride everywhere in the lower gears, so you can hear that engine singing. Most importantly, the poor-running problems have been banished.
The F3's racy, short-stroke engine character and stiff chassis will still make it too extreme for most riders, but it's actually a lot comfier than it looks, with lots of legroom.
If you want a supersports bike with everyday civility, this is'nt the bike for you, but for occasional flat-out blasts, track days and polishing heaven, the F3 will fit the bill nicely''.
Brian:)
Oh and MCN are gonna 'report' on the Brutale 675 B3 next week from it's world launch in Italy.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I'll let you guys know what I think when I get a hold of mine.

MCN is a good source but whatever, I don't ride like a test rider so their lap times and other comments/observations does not apply to my riding ability/level. I'd like to create my own bias opinion

·
Registered
54 Posts
So are they saying it should just be a track bike? i totally disagree its by far the easiest bike ive ever ridden just awsome i personally cant see how they say its not an everyday bike. My husband has the triumph 675 and its almost identical on handling/cornering. Also "racy short stroke engine character and stiff chassis too extreme for most riders" really?? OK ive been riding for twelve years and i will hold my hands up and say my husband is better and more experienced having rode since he was 17 but the mv dosent scare me it has if anything improved my riding, given me more confidance in the corners and every other aspect of my riding experience. So i say whateva to mcn im truly over the moon with it so there!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
So are they saying it should just be a track bike? i totally disagree its by far the easiest bike ive ever ridden just awsome i personally cant see how they say its not an everyday bike. My husband has the triumph 675 and its almost identical on handling/cornering. Also "racy short stroke engine character and stiff chassis too extreme for most riders" really?? OK ive been riding for twelve years and i will hold my hands up and say my husband is better and more experienced having rode since he was 17 but the mv dosent scare me it has if anything improved my riding, given me more confidance in the corners and every other aspect of my riding experience. So i say whateva to mcn im truly over the moon with it so there!!!!!!!!!!!
In a way that saddens me. To my mind I was not impressed with the Daytona one bit. And I am talking about the R model. To start off I hate the whistling sound of the triple. Second...the controls feel too mushy...it feels like a bicycle. If that is what people like when they say they want an easy bike to ride, well looks like it ain't my cup of tea. I hope the F3 is nowhere near like that. Having ridden a F4 1000R Senna exclusively for the last few years, I guess I have fallen in love with the really stiff chasis and suspension and sort of knife edge raw handling. I hope the F3 is not a tame bike!

·
Registered
250 Posts
hi
the australian motorcycle news i just got did a 'quick spin' review of the oro and had absolute praise for it, not a bad word...

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
The latest MCN test is a real positive for the MVF3, not really a bad word to say about the bike, the bike is probably slightly more focussed than the Triumph, but, I would imagine that's what most people would want and expect from MV.

We should also give a lot of credit to MCN for pointing out the mapping issues to both MV and the general public, without their weight behind this the 'fix' would not have arrived so quickly, maybe not at all? a rear hub fix never arrived? another example of this was the recall on the new F4 when the throttle stuck open on the MCN test, all the bikes were recalled.

I really wish MCN had told the KTM Superduke 'R' test ''as it was'' at the time, that would have resulted in either KTM sorting the bike OR me not buying the POS, it is the only bad bike I have bought in well over 30 years, later tests on the Superduke R (too late for me!!) said ''To describe the low down fuelling as hideous would be a compliment'' Oh how I and my bank balance could have avoided that one

·
Registered
163 Posts
Aren't they still comparing it to the Triumph Daytona 675R? (not the standard version) If that's the case then it's still not really a fair comparison. Now maybe if they compared the 675R to the Serie Oro then it'd be more of an equal comparison. However I'm with most of you...The F3, even tho beat by the Daytona, is still a SUPERB bike...and as far as the heart goes it wins everytime! Waaaaay better looking and unique than the Daytona!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Comparisons to the 675R are valid - it's still less expensive than the F3. That the F3 has been labeled as the "more focused" entry between the two was entirely expected, however. As usual, it all depends on what you want.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts