MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Since the initial run will be limited edition it makes sense now why the SV is priced so high. I can wait until a used one with 500 miles on it comes on the market for sub 20K. :) I'll also be waiting to see how the unlimited edition will be different and it's price.

·
Registered
365 Posts
The only 'surprise' as far as I am concerned is that MV Agusta will experience financial difficulties if it insists on continuing to produce bikes as fugly as the SV.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
The only 'surprise' as far as I am concerned is that MV Agusta will experience financial difficulties if it insists on continuing to produce bikes as fugly as the SV.
:smile2: Too each his own. It is different but it has imagination and style, I expect nothing else from MV, whether that fits into your preference or not. Unlike all the new offerings from Japan and Germany/Austria. Clones of the same old same old. I actually like it and would be a player if it is priced more like the F3 it is built from.

·
Registered
365 Posts
:smile2: Too each his own. It is different but it has imagination and style, .
MV has historically done things a little bit differently but, unlike you, I don't see this as imaginative. I see it as a cynical marketing ploy to reimagine a bike from the days when MVA had racing pedigree and now looking to cash in on the memory.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
MV has historically done things a little bit differently but, unlike you, I don't see this as imaginative. I see it as a cynical marketing ploy to reimagine a bike from the days when MVA had racing pedigree and now looking to cash in on the memory.
I respect your opinion. No doubt that's the intent but the fact that it is re-imagined, as opposed to a copy, is what makes it different from the clone manufacturers, at least to me. While it harkens back to the glory days it's certainly not a copy of anything they built previously. Can't say that for the non-Italian European and Japanese throwbacks. We all want MV to succeed so if this helps them cash in, I'm all for it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
We all want MV to succeed so if this helps them cash in, I'm all for it.
We can definitely agree on that :)

I just worry that MV is heading in the wrong direction. Very limited edition bikes for F1 drivers, gold bling and an obsession with how good they once were at racing.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
We can definitely agree on that :)

I just worry that MV is heading in the wrong direction. Very limited edition bikes for F1 drivers, gold bling and an obsession with how good they once were at racing.
I get your point. They've always had special edition bikes with a toned down version available for those of us that are not aliens. As long as they keep that going they should be fine. (Fingers crossed emoji here)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Over here in Australia, the Oro is going for $72K rideaway and when I spoke to a local dealer about the 'normal' version they said they were expecting it to be in the $40K to $50k range. So I suppose in a way they will be more 'affordable' for some, being 30 to 40% cheaper than an Oro. This is quite a step up from the $25k for a 1090RR in the past, seems like the 4 cylinders are going to be a 'premium' motorcycle for MV.

If those estimates are accurate then there may be some hope for B4 Brutale prices....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts