MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is with a really heavy heart that I must let you folks know that Ian Paterson (McMivvi) passed away today....

I know Ian was a frequent poster on this site, known to you guys for his passion and knowledge of all things MV, and motorcycles in general. I got to know him through my MV ownership and although we saw each other very infrequently, through our occasional visits, lengthy telephone calls, several track days and the odd New Years night celebrations, I was grateful to call him a friend.

I am so grateful I was able to spend a couple of hours with him last night at Edinburgh Royal. Despite his clear pain and emotion following his triple bypass, as usual he had lots to say, was insightful and caring. We spoke of MVs of course amongst all the rest. Our shared passion.....

Thanks Ian! For everything.........

Your friend..... Dave

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Godspeed Macmivvi. RIP Ian.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
That is very sad news. I meet Ian a few times, at the MV Agusta track days they used to hold at Cadwell Park. Ian loved his MV's and was a tidy rider, we diced a good few times. Great guy, RIP Ian.
jimboF4

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
rest in peace Ian
condolences to his family

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Holy crap, he was only here a week ago or so. We gave him an open offer to stop by when returning from france in his motorhome to break the journey up, shocked the dog when he pulled in to the drive at 10pm the other week.

It's rare but i am genuinely stunned by this.

RIP Ian. :(

·
Registered
837 Posts
Thats very sad news .... :(

I know nothing about him really, but I bought some bits from him earlier this year and unlike some, he put a huge amount of care and effort into the packaging to make sure it got here safely and unharmed - a real pleasure of a person to deal with.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Funeral Details

Ian's Funeral has been arranged for Thursday 31st October 2013.

if any close friends known to Ian are interested in attending please pm for full details.

A notice will be posted in the local papers soon.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Spent an enjoyable day with Ian at the BSB round at Oulton Park a few years ago now, great shame indeed, RIP Ian

1 - 18 of 18 Posts