MV Agusta Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
If have been viewing the interviews of past two years, it was clearly expressed that MV will take several years to even 2024 to develop next groundbreaking elite superbike. In near term, they are capturing the new generation of two wheel enthusiast within the transportation industry. I applaud them for this and I will expect that racing is unshakable from their DNA, as is the best styling and craftsmanship of any brand

·
Registered
682 Posts
The Superveloce was the swan song for Adrian Morton. He remained the last element in design continuity from the early days of modern-MV. I too question where the marque is now headed. I think the adventure bikes are a huge mistake...

The headwinds are blowing strong against anything with a petrol engine now, so if there is going to be another F4 they are rapidly running out of time and customers.
I don't believe that is correct assumption. ADV bikes are more prominent in sales for recreation and general transportation than sports bikes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
From Australia, I'm behind in what is going on in industry full stop, we sold out of all automotive manufacturing.

The MV Agusta to me is like a Rolex, I wear one, at times without even winding it up, or changing the time. It will last several life times. A service is $1000 aust. A new jubilee model is a six month wait if you are lucky.

Correct me if im wrong, MV has a new in line four, with all the catalytic converters for euro 5, the 800 RR does not
have the stupid ducatti wings, it has more like side vents to stop that massive heat.
MV also has a new large screen and all the electronics we need, the shape is like a Ferrari, god please dont change it.
They have not for the 800RR, and I see little option but to try to order one, and fit my over sized body on it.
I could buy a Kawaski Ninja H2/or whatever for $40ish k, but you see one and wonder what it is, it has no style and will date.
I drool over a $200k, 2004 model, brand new MV Agusta, full of Carbon. (Perth AUST) I can't afford that, to just sit it in my house.
Now the 800 RR is out, its only a matter of time and the F4, that made MV Agusta will be released, I will sell the F3 if the F4 is bigger in size, for the rider. The F3 should have enough power for me, my black F4 is insane for power.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey guys, as far as the ADV bikes go, notice that the models didn't carry the MV name nor did they have an MV logo on them. It's just a project by CRC/MV. I think and mostly I HOPE that these bikes won't be sold under the MV name. And in my opinion, Timur would be smart to create a sub brand for these new motorcycles. Bringing back the Cagiva name would be a great idea as it holds historical significance and it makes a lot of sense, as even in the 90s and 00s in CRC you had Ducati and MV with the Monsters, F4s, 916s, F4, Brutale etc while Cagiva had the cheaper alternatives, still good but slower and less prestigious, Mito, Raptor, etc. It is what it is. I don't see FCA or VW selling city hatchbacks under the Maserati and Porsche name. They have Fiat and Skoda for that. If they are smart, MV has to do the same.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey guys, as far as the ADV bikes go, notice that the models didn't carry the MV name nor did they have an MV logo on them. It's just a project by CRC/MV. I think and mostly I HOPE that these bikes won't be sold under the MV name. And in my opinion, Timur would be smart to create a sub brand for these new motorcycles. Bringing back the Cagiva name would be a great idea as it holds historical significance and it makes a lot of sense, as even in the 90s and 00s in CRC you had Ducati and MV with the Monsters, F4s, 916s, F4, Brutale etc while Cagiva had the cheaper alternatives, still good but slower and less prestigious, Mito, Raptor, etc. It is what it is. I don't see FCA or VW selling city hatchbacks under the Maserati and Porsche name. They have Fiat and Skoda for that. If they are smart, MV has to do the same.
I raised that issue when I was at EICMA. Apparently, it has not been decided what name they would carry when they are sold. I got the impression it would not be the MV name

·
Registered
530 Posts
One of the points of the whole issue of the future of MV is the simple fact that even if you stripped every badge off an F4, B4, F3, B3, and painted it British Racing green, you would still see an MV.. It would probably still look stunning :cool:
Try doing that to any jap bike, or british bike, even some Ducatis -- You would not have a clue what bike you were looking at from 30 feet -- The same goes for modern non-boxer BMWs
Granted, some Jap bikes will be recognized by the sound alone, like a VFR perhaps or a crossplane R1 -- but not by the looks --

MV was relaunched in 98-99 on the pure strength of the design language, and that kept it going until now -- once that goes (combined with growing poor quality control and mechanical design) MV will loose what it is really about: "Motorcycle Art" - An F4 SPR or SR or F4-1000 represents the peak of that union of design and quality - Granted there are flaws in the design, points of poor mechanical design and compromises made to allow the stunning design -- This really made the F4s too heavy and too quirky to do well on racetracks, even heavily modified, so no new racing pedigree was ever established. The F3 was supposed to remedy that, but was let down by poor reliability and lousy quality control - But it could have become competitive if MV had spent the funds to back it up professionally, which they didn't, so clearly they were not prepared at that time to get back to a racing pedigree to properly re-brand the MV name

·
Registered
51 Posts
One of the points of the whole issue of the future of MV is the simple fact that even if you stripped every badge off an F4, B4, F3, B3, and painted it British Racing green, you would still see an MV.. It would probably still look stunning :cool:
Try doing that to any jap bike, or british bike, even some Ducatis -- You would not have a clue what bike you were looking at from 30 feet -- The same goes for modern non-boxer BMWs
Granted, some Jap bikes will be recognized by the sound alone, like a VFR perhaps or a crossplane R1 -- but not by the looks --

MV was relaunched in 98-99 on the pure strength of the design language, and that kept it going until now -- once that goes (combined with growing poor quality control and mechanical design) MV will loose what it is really about: "Motorcycle Art" - An F4 SPR or SR or F4-1000 represents the peak of that union of design and quality - Granted there are flaws in the design, points of poor mechanical design and compromises made to allow the stunning design -- This really made the F4s too heavy and too quirky to do well on racetracks, even heavily modified, so no new racing pedigree was ever established. The F3 was supposed to remedy that, but was let down by poor reliability and lousy quality control - But it could have become competitive if MV had spent the funds to back it up professionally, which they didn't, so clearly they were not prepared at that time to get back to a racing pedigree to properly re-brand the MV name
Very well written. I just wanna add that all F4s are beautiful. All of them, :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Speaking about MV sportbikes...does anyone have news about the 3 cylinders supercharged engin coming ?

I remember reading an interview (but can't find it anymore) of MV's CEO speaking about a small displacement 3 cylinders supercharged engine.

I have been able to find this wonderful article about supercharged motorcycle, the article states that MV is working on supercharged engine

quote from motorcycle.com:
"After explaining to me the advantages of supercharging and calling it a win-win, Brain Gillen at MV Agusta closed with, “yes, we’ve been working on a project at MV for some time now!” and closed with a winking smiley emoji."

I really think that a small displacement 3 cylinder supercharged engine could meet emissions regulations and be an adrenaline beast on the road without needing to reach crazy speed!!
Something you can really enjoy at all speeds...on all roads...with a real sporty touch!

·
Old Wing Nut
24,507 Posts
Turbos have been tried on bikes before...the throttle lag is a problem as is heat and packaging. I doubt anyone is looking that direction again.
Superchargers (like Kawi did) is another matter.

Reactions: flexnow36

·
Registered
128 Posts

Seems as if the turbo / supercharger whatever is luckily off the table. The 950 will be a good engine for the triples and if they finally make the B4 engine a 1.100 cc or better more if possible, then the 4cylinder will maybe become so competitive again, so that a superbike can again be built around it. Everything else makes zero sense for a small company like MV.

I can live with the fact that they sell e bikes and scooters for those that want to have it. Trying to live only on 50-100.000€ F4s that spent years of being unsold at dealerships has clearly not worked. Now they actually sell their products and make acceptable profit with the current lineup. Only sold bikes will allow the development of a next F4 (that deserves the name).

·
Registered
Ducati 899, mv superveloce
491 Posts

Seems as if the turbo / supercharger whatever is luckily off the table. The 950 will be a good engine for the triples and if they finally make the B4 engine a 1.100 cc or better more if possible, then the 4cylinder will maybe become so competitive again, so that a superbike can again be built around it. Everything else makes zero sense for a small company like MV.

I can live with the fact that they sell e bikes and scooters for those that want to have it. Trying to live only on 50-100.000€ F4s that spent years of being unsold at dealerships has clearly not worked. Now they actually sell their products and make acceptable profit with the current lineup. Only sold bikes will allow the development of a next F4 (that deserves the name).
Definitely agree with you but it’s also reliability that hurt them a lot andnword of mouth of it.

·
Old Wing Nut
24,507 Posts
Hmmm...Suzuki GSX-R750 is homologated !! Where is the Aprilia and KTM?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Not participating in this series/class....

Provisional teams
Font Number Parallel Screenshot Document

41 - 60 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.