MV Agusta Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Depending of do you have spark in any cylinder? I would start with few things first.

- Ignition fuses
- Crank sensor resistance values
- TPS sensor values, yes it should not affect spark, but has done that to me
- Measure the coils (did the 2007 have twin pack of coils?)
- Check the ECU ignition wise
- And of course main wiring harness comes to mind

Have you checked the oil allready???

Any advice from you electrical gurus will be very much appreciated.
First pice of advice is to put your bike model and year in your signature line so the we don’t have to dig through pages of thread in order to figure out which wiring diagram and troubleshoooting guide to reference

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Problem found, and it's not good. While checking the crank sensor (tested good) I realized I hadn't bothered to look down the throttles to inspect the valves. Well, No. 4 intakes are bent to hell and none of the other valves are moving when cranking the engine! Turns out my original diagnosis of failed cam chain/sprocket bolts was spot on! Don't know exactly what failed yet as I'm not digging any further at this point. Anyway, will reassemble everything and park the bike until winter arrives and I have time to yank the motor and strip it down. Really disappointed in MV at this point: easy 12k on the motor, great maintenance and yet it craps out on me big time. Definitely will discourage anyone I know or meet of every buying an MV product. Can only guess how difficult it will be to get the parts I need (I live out in the PNW farmland) and what they will cost. Time to get on one of my vintage Sportsters and go for a ride on something that actually runs!

Thanks for all your advice, only wish it had been something simple.

Eric

early models had an issue of an airbox wellnuts getting loose and dropping into the engine...
MV Agusta FAQ: Wellnuts on airbox need to be replaced at every removal!

back in 2005:
"There have been at least two engine failures documented online due to airbox wellnut disintegration. The factory requirement is to replace the airbox wellnuts each time the covers are removed."

Discussion starter · #25 ·
I replaced the wellnuts with aluminum rivnuts a long time ago so that wasn't a factor. Definitely believe the cam sprocket bolts are the culprit here since I read another account of this happening to another 2007 F4 owner.

early models had an issue of an airbox wellnuts getting loose and dropping into the engine...
MV Agusta FAQ: Wellnuts on airbox need to be replaced at every removal!

back in 2005:
"There have been at least two engine failures documented online due to airbox wellnut disintegration. The factory requirement is to replace the airbox wellnuts each time the covers are removed."
I never, ever would have thought of this one. I immediately walked out to the AGO and sure enough, two screws on ea side with 14 year old well nuts presumably holding them in.

Now I have to take the thing apart. Again

Thanks for posting this one. I gotta borrow up some common sense.

I never, ever would have thought of this one. I immediately walked out to the AGO and sure enough, two screws on ea side with 14 year old well nuts presumably holding them in.

This why this forum is great for the MV collective. Glad the link was helpful.

On the side... I went out on my Brut today for a reprieve. Came across a down biker. He got clipped at an intersection in Philly. Please remember if anyone on this forum sees a biker down please stop and offer support. It goes a long way...

This why this forum is great for the MV collective. Glad the link was helpful.

On the side... I went out on my Brut today for a reprieve. Came across a down biker. He got clipped at an intersection in Philly. Please remember if anyone on this forum sees a biker down please stop and offer support. It goes a long way...
Hate to hear this stuff. I stopped just the other day for a guy on a newish Harley pushing his bike. He had run out of gas but had some coming.

The shocker was that he didn't make his girlfriend help push.

What's wrong with some people?

?

I posted a thread "Avoiding Wellnut Disasters "
You need 2 M4 Rivnuts........put them in the rear holes
McMaster-Carr part #94020A371

Attachments

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.