MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to say compared to the TRIUMPHRAT.net forum this is a much more open minded and level headed group. The RAT site is nothing but a bunch of immature bunch of cry babies!! :blah: They will complain and argue over why the valve cap fell off!! But after reading and following some of the posts on this sit it has come to my attention that most people here understand sh*#t happens and you get it taken care of. You also manage to answer questions or find answers to questions with out blowing people off!! :highclap:
THANK YOU!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Thank You :) , and welcome to the gratest Forum Ever!!! :highclap:

You´ll see, soon You´ll be as addicted as everyone to this Forum... Just can´t stay away a day .... :stickpoke :) :)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see you and your husband are FINN's :yo: My mother and brother are from FINLAND I was born here in the states but love visiting my relatives over there!! Took my wife for the first time this past summer and she loved it!!I just regret not learning the language when I was younger.

·
Registered
848 Posts
YES, we are Finns! Amazing, that You have also Your roots here in Finland!! Next time You come to Finland, please, let us know!!! And once again WARMLY WELCOME to Forum!!!! :drummer: :guitarist

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
This is a great group, but you should see the Gixxer groups I have checked out recently. Nothing but a bunch of 17 year olds bragging how fast their bikes are and what crap everything else is.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I would guess that most folk sensible enough to select a MV in the first place don't need to put their ego on show all the time like the kid's you mention John.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Welcome! But be aware, there is no medicine found to cure the mvagusta.net virus. I tried to resist for a quite some time, but finally got infected. I find myself now even up to three times a Day on this damn mvagusta.net pages. So it needs to be well thought my friend. There is no way back out.

·
Registered
195 Posts
haupti said:
Welcome! But be aware, there is no medicine found to cure the mvagusta.net virus. I tried to resist for a quite some time, but finally got infected. I find myself now even up to three times a Day on this damn mvagusta.net pages. So it needs to be well thought my friend. There is no way back out.
As the former owner of several Triumphs, I agree to some extent with the assessment of the Triumph site, but I found the loutishness was more predominant in the Rocket III forum (I used to own an R3).

I also agree that this forum seems to be a haven from the multitudes of squids. The folks here do seem to know what they are talking about. Consider, though, the profile of the rider who can afford an MV and it makes sense. I think we are in a different place with our riding than other groups, especially the Gixxer crowd.

Having said that, I do wish there was more meaty discourse around here, and a bit less "look at this carbon fiber bit" and "look at this dyno chart," but hey.... that's just one guy's opinion.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Hi pbbrutale. Feel free to hit us with the "meaty bits" questions (not sure what they are), but sounds interesting.... Welcome CHB...I worked once for a Finnish company and spent a whole year there once, as well as many many "cold" trips. I thought we Aussies drank a bit too much, but the Finns have turned into an Art Form!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The $$$ is part of it, also is the fact that most of us have "been around the block" more than a few times. If you're mature enough to get the right bike FOR YOU, you don't have to justify it, or get emotionally wrapped up, blah, blah. Yoou just ride and grin! And on top of all that, MV really does make a great bike, so there's not a whole lot to complain about!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great to here and I am looking foward to stirring the pot up!! LOL No! but thanks to all and I hope to have a new toy in Feb. I will keep everyone posted in the mean time "YES FINNS CAN DRINK!" KOSKENKORVA IS IN THER BLOOD!!!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Paul Brutale,

I agree; we need more meaty discourse. WE need to see the dyno chart of Tam 292 making > 170HP. We need to beef up the dialogue about ft#'s of torque, and the shitload put out by #292. Damn, we need to chomp down and chew on the beefy braking of the 6pt Nissens & Brembo's on these beasts.

:ahhh: by the way; chech out the current conversation on chip/eprom under 'performance"...lots of meat on the rib there :crazyeyes

Ask the questions, Paul, and the :shitfan: will fly.

Peter

·
Registered
685 Posts
turth to tell, gixxer 1Ks are the fastest in da world.

airfuel said:
This is a great group, but you should see the Gixxer groups I have checked out recently. Nothing but a bunch of 17 year olds bragging how fast their bikes are and what crap everything else is.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Ok, I will take the bait about gixxer 1k's:

quote from another thread about Rosey who set the land speed record with the MV

Rosey: … The MV is the nicest bike I’ve every ridden and I’ve ridden many bikes and set many records, and the MV is the nicest. It is built to very high engineering standards. It’s a beautiful machine.

Me: What was it like to ride the bike at a 187 mph?

Rosey: At that speed, the rear wheel is spinning 15 mph faster than the front wheel. On the salt, the rear never really hooks up. The skill doesn’t come from twisting the throttle; it’s controlling the bike with the rear spinning and maintaining control of the bike in cross winds. The cross winds are the most dangerous part. There are almost always these gusts to deal with. The MV is a very precisely engineered bike with a superb chassis that allowed me to set such a record.

Me: Were there other manufactures making attempts.

Rosey: Yes Suzuki was there and we knew we had to beat them.

End quote

·
Registered
848 Posts
CHB said:
Great to here and I am looking foward to stirring the pot up!! LOL No! but thanks to all and I hope to have a new toy in Feb. I will keep everyone posted in the mean time "YES FINNS CAN DRINK!" KOSKENKORVA IS IN THER BLOOD!!!
:friday: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Reopropf said:
Paul Brutale,

I agree; we need more meaty discourse. WE need to see the dyno chart of Tam 292 making > 170HP. We need to beef up the dialogue about ft#'s of torque, and the shitload put out by #292. Damn, we need to chomp down and chew on the beefy braking of the 6pt Nissens & Brembo's on these beasts.

:ahhh: by the way; chech out the current conversation on chip/eprom under 'performance"...lots of meat on the rib there :crazyeyes

Ask the questions, Paul, and the :shitfan: will fly.

Peter
I spent some time considering my comment about "meaty discourse" because I figured I ought to explain it. What I came up with is a list of "THINGS I'VE LEARNED" from this site as compared to a well-known BMW site, which I frequent (and that shall remain nameless).

THINGS I'VE LEARNED from the BMW site:
1) I've learned about, met, and became friends with quite a few riders in my area.
2) I've learned about roads around here that I'd never have otherwise discovered because people on the BMW board regularly meet to ride.
3) I've attended Tech Days, where I learned how to perform thousands of dollars of service on my boxer engine.
4) I've learned about riding techniques, safety practices, etc.
5) Consequently, I've become a better rider.
6) BMW riders are a dedicated bunch of guys.

THINGS I'VE LEARNED here:
1) Brutale owners are a pasionate group who love their bikes.
4) My bike is not the only one that stalls sometimes when coming to a stop at low RPMs.
3) Brutale owners love to spend thousands just to get an extra few horsepower.
4) When it comes to aftermarket parts/accessories, there's really only one choice of vendors.
5) There's a guy here who posts an average of 25 times each day, and again on another forum. I wonder where he finds the time? :stickpoke

Of course, this is just my opinion, but please know that I tried to remain objective when creating this list. (except for that last item!) :shitfan:

·
Registered
822 Posts
I love to play the devils advocate. :devilsmok What exactly is mature about pointing out the faults of another group of riders? Patience, tolerance, and a respect of other peoples views and opinions, particularly moron's, is a sign of maturity.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
pbbrutale said:
THINGS I'VE LEARNED here:

4) When it comes to aftermarket parts/accessories, there's really only one choice of vendors.
I've got a total of six different aftermarket parts on my Brutale - from six different vendors.

Mirrors - MotoWheels

Fork Springs - Marzocchi USA

Rear Shock - Wilbers, purchased direct

Mid-Pipe - Arrow via ebay

Chip - Brad Black, Moto One, Australia

Tank Bag - Marsee, direct

BTW, I don't think I have any additional horsepower, couldn't use it if if I did. But my bike has never stalled. Ever. Get a hold of Brad. ;)

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
pbbrutale said:
Having said that, I do wish there was more meaty discourse around here, and a bit less "look at this carbon fiber bit" and "look at this dyno chart," but hey.... that's just one guy's opinion.

meaty discourse comes and goes..... ask the questions, inquire on opinions, argue some points.... people will talk...that's for sure. And many are happy to go over what they talked about last year again as well.....

different folks offer different personalities....yeah, the 25 posts/day.... the carbon bits.....the vendors.... me? I just post pics of shit i can't afford and that doesn't exist in most places! haha...don't think I can hang with the 'meaty discourse' myself.....

something for everybody i guess...... stick around for a while...it'll be fun.

(this may affect your productivity at work, as some of us have attested to. :) )

:moped:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts