MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I wanted to tinker around with some matte twill weave CF on the 1090RR to go with the original paint scheme. Also, when I got it from George, I liked the direction he was going with it to get it looking more "naked"... picture for reference:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, I decided to play with some older B4 CF pieces to see if I can keep the naked look, but add a little bit of CF on the radiator tank ends, and cover up the area on each side of the coolant tank (wife doesn't like seeing the bits in there either). So, I've gotten everything in, except the matching windscreen, and so far I think I like it. I trimmed out the key guard in the same rubber trim as I did the MV Corse fuel cap. Also, since the coolant tank covers have holes drilled for the older B4's I had to end up moving one hole, and using a zip tie on the bottom hole to keep it down... when I would have much rather preferred to use a bolt like the top, BUT the 1090's don't have them (frames are slightly different). Let me know what you think...

I would also like to get a BLACK, or some sort of nice billet radiator cap in black as well. I took the original sticker off, and got a piece of CF vinly wrap on it to hide it a little better, but I would much prefer a different cap if anyone has a suggestion for that.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The key guard trim looks great. Mine is falling off.
Thanks. I'm not sure if it's from the plastic fuel tank, but the oem plastic key guard didn't fit very well either.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Looks nice, and subtle too, the matt suits it.

Ive replaced similar on my bike with shiny CF bits, as I have a shiny paint job to polish too ...its nice now, most/all the black plastic is CF

Im nearly finished with mods now, just a header/tune to consider

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. The matte is very subtle, so much that if you don't have direct light on it, you have a hard time telling that it is CF, it just looks black.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
When the matte CF became popular a year or two ago, I wasn't impressed. But I have to say, it looks fantastic on a matte bike Curtis. :smoking:

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When the matte CF became popular a year or two ago, I wasn't impressed. But I have to say, it looks fantastic on a matte bike Curtis. :smoking:
I agree, when I first saw it on some Ducs, I wasn't a fan... I actually didn't think it was real at first... lol. But on a matte bike, I think it's great.

You simply CANNOT have too much carbon fiber, polished and/or billet aluminum and Titanium.
Awesome.
Scott
Next is getting these ultra-lite wheels on it, which are matte black of course, and lighter even though these wheels are also forged AL wheels. I may venture into getting some CF on the front fender and rear tail section later. We have contemplated doing every single piece in CF but the tank and the tail, and painting the tank and tail in pearl white with a similar red striping/decals, but painted on... gloss pearl white and matte black????

I think I got used to how slim and light the monster 796 was, and the Brutale is just not that... but is better in almost every other way. I'm just trying to slim it down as much as I can.... although all the crash protection is counter productive in that.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello Draginknee,
I noticed your rear stand is reversible (left and right side),
What is the brand ?
It's a PitBull stand.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts