MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because the nearest MV dealer is 2 subway stops away, I went down to window peep. They had a matte black F4 1000 in the window, quite an attractive livery (despite having at least several weeks of dust on it; why would you showcase something in the window and not keep it clean? :wtf: ). Anyway, the store obviously closed so I couldnt see any other MVs in the back as it was too dark inside.

Is it certain that the 07 1000R livery for the US will only be the gloss black and red/silver versions? I really liked the sublimely understated nature of the matte black, esp with the silver wheels - I hadnt seen one of the matte blacks in person before and photos never quite do the real-world liveries justice.

·
Registered
66 Posts
don't know about the american colours but i aggree with you about the matte black, i have ordered mine and can't wait.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I spoke with a salesman yesterday (in person) and the only colors offered for the R are the black/grey and "new" red/silver. I have seen both in the flesh and the black/grey looks much better in my opinion.

If you want a matte black R you could just buy the stock S bodywork or paint a new set to your liking.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks superbike, the black R is decent, but is VERY black (with wheels and all); i tend to prefer some color if for nothing else than other drivers mightbe able to see you near them should they dare to use their mirrors; but that matte black was pretty sweet

·
Registered
593 Posts
i've been thinking about options lately, and one was getting a matte black and doing a US Army theme on it. Paint it matte green, the Army stars on the side, 1940s style. Wonder if that has been done on a MV.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
acruhl said:
I have seen VERY few matte black 1000s... I guess the matte 750s are even more rare, as in almost non-existant.

Anyone have numbers?
AFAIK Matte black 750's are only SPR, and 1000's new for '06, so I would definitely agree, both are scarce.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Triple Seven said:
i've been thinking about options lately, and one was getting a matte black and doing a US Army theme on it. Paint it matte green, the Army stars on the side, 1940s style. Wonder if that has been done on a MV.
For real??

·
Registered
403 Posts
fazer6 said:
AFAIK Matte black 750's are only SPR, and 1000's new for '06, so I would definitely agree, both are scarce.
No no no. I own an original matte black 750 '00 (you can see it in my profile).
It was available since the first presentation (I saw it and had pics in motorcycle Trade Fair in Milan 1999). It's rare, but in Italy you can find some.
1000S got a darker shade of matte black and it's an esclusive US market color (or on request for Europe).

·
Registered
403 Posts
Triple Seven said:
Would you paint a Ferrari matte green with army star? :stopp:

Fells like betraying it's italian soul...sorry :stickpoke

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I *stole* this photo from the registry (courtesy of hes). This is the bike from the MV store window, though I believe that one was not 1+1, and I don't recall there being reflectors on the front shocks.

I am liking this livery more each time I look at it. Anyone have some hi-res photos of a matte black 1000 (real life, not from marketing materials etc.)? I'd like to have a wallpaper.

PS I am having trouble inserting images; will try attaching it so I have no idea if this will work.

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes flaming thanks, note the absence of front shock/fender reflectors. Nice bike.

I'm starting to get "that bug" - I knew I shouldnt have stopped by the MV dealer yesterday, darnit!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Triple Seven said:
No, but it's been done to a Honda :naughty:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts