MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw two of the new matte black F4-1000 today at the dealership for the first time. hmmmmmm didnt really like it. tough to see the beautiful lines of the bike. looks dirty even when its clean. :D different than the SPR black, darker. well someone will love it. Still think the blue/silver is the nicest. (hides)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Triple Seven said:
Saw two of the new matte black F4-1000 today at the dealership for the first time. hmmmmmm didnt really like it. tough to see the beautiful lines of the bike. looks dirty even when its clean. :D different than the SPR black, darker. well someone will love it. Still think the blue/silver is the nicest. (hides)
THANK GOD!

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
I like the black one, but it's difficult to clean I guess. Maybe the blue/silver one is the nicest at the moment.

·
Registered
438 Posts
my spr is difficult to clean as well......oil...fingerprints...everything......but im not complaining, i love having any excuse to spend time with her, even if its cleaning :naughty:

·
Registered
375 Posts
The SPR is a much better matte black.

The 2006 F4-1000 matte black is a true matte black vs the SPR which looks more like a matte black/gray like a clean chalkboard.

I'm not a big fan of the 2006 matte black color as it is very sedate and doesn't pop out at you.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
awiner said:
The SPR is a much better matte black.

The 2006 F4-1000 matte black is a true matte black vs the SPR which looks more like a matte black/gray like a clean chalkboard.

I'm not a big fan of the 2006 matte black color as it is very sedate and doesn't pop out at you.
So is the SPR matte black a painted finish? does anyone know how to duplicate it?

·
Registered
375 Posts
odonata said:
So is the SPR matte black a painted finish? does anyone know how to duplicate it?

It is a painted finish. Matte finishes are usually hard to replicate. That is why a lot of people paint their entire bikes when they wad them up vs buying new plastics. However, a OE plastic part should match well.

I don't know if the SPR or the 2006 Matte uses a Matte eggshell clear coat or not however. I would assume they do for durability.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Rockethouse said:
Heres a link to a thread the current thread on it with pics...

http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1009

Also do a search there was another thread with pics.
Ok I got the impression that one in the thread above was a custom job. It's also pretty glossy isn't it, not really matte? Ok this is the R edition - with (Brembo?) wheels, radial brakes and red bits right?

I like the one admin posted, looks a little different to the above - standard wheels and missing the red bits, and looks more matte.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Cheers, that's what I thought. The one in the link someone else posted clearly says R, and the one you posted is more plain, std wheels, no radials, so I guessed it must be the f4-1000.

Man that excites me because I love the SPR, and this thing looks (from what I've seen so far) just as sexy, and even moreso than the R (to me).

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
My mistake, I glanced over the thread and didn't check out the pic SamsonNg posted and assumed it was the R ...sorry for the confusion. :blush:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts