MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm thinking about turning my gloss carbon to matt to match my matt white paint but can't make my mind up so i thought that i will ask you lot

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I like matt carbon, if you look at ''real'' carbon applications like in F1 etc the carbon is always matt.

Be carefull with the matt bodywork though, my R1 had matt side panels, they are impossible to get any marks out of, you just end up with a shiny panel

PS, whats the latest thoughts on the RR?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like matt carbon, if you look at ''real'' carbon applications like in F1 etc the carbon is always matt.

Be carefull with the matt bodywork though, my R1 had matt side panels, they are impossible to get any marks out of, you just end up with a shiny panel

PS, whats the latest thoughts on the RR?
thanks for your reply.done about 400 miles so far and love the bike to bits the noise and how it makes you feel.i find it fits me better than the bmw and the suspension is on a different level i have no regrets

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
thanks for your reply.done about 400 miles so far and love the bike to bits the noise and how it makes you feel.i find it fits me better than the bmw and the suspension is on a different level i have no regrets
Pleased for you! It's a great looking bike. i have changed the suspension to Ohlins, The BMW sachs kind of cons you at first to thinkig it's good......................then you find out the truth:naughty:

I know from old you mod your bikes, whats planned for the RR?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pleased for you! It's a great looking bike. i have changed the suspension to Ohlins, The BMW sachs kind of cons you at first to thinkig it's good......................then you find out the truth:naughty:

I know from old you mod your bikes, whats planned for the RR?
not to much ,full system,quickshifter and single seat.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Matt. Gloss is sooooooooooooo 2009.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
are you just going to rub the lacquer off the carbon? I didnt think you could do to be honest, i thought it was coated with something other then lacquer.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
you use 2000 grade paper than finsh with gold scotchbright pads both used wet with a drop of washing upliquid
Thanks, Can you use the same treatment for removing marks from matt paint finishes?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts