MV Agusta Forum banner

Matris M4R.... newly installed on my 910R.... 5 pictures

4K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  spalding12 
#1 ·
as you can see
there is absolutely NO impingement on the ignition key area... in any way
i left it on #6.... as the manual states
the bike is MUCH more stable
letting go of the handlebars on deceleration yields a straight line run..... NOT possible before it was installed

a great purchase

sorry for the white line at the top of the following image

See less See more
#3 ·
yes, i surely will post a larger write-up soon... i am "on call" today and really ought NOT to be away from the phone

..... thank for the "leeway" on the WHITE LINE :friday:

#7 ·
Greg looks great,i have the 4 as i said before, try putting it on left hand lock then try and push key and apply steering lock iam not saying impossible but its very tight,i havent got the biggest hands but i find it fiddly to get at the key.But yes iam happy with the damper ,makes me feel more comfortable at 100 + that iam not going to get a tank slap.Its a good buy.

#12 ·
airfuel said:
What, no official MV key tags?? Get that beemer stuff off your bike or it will swerve towards the bratwurst stands!
boy....
that's all my "i can barely get my belly into my pants" waistline needs is MORE bratwurst!"

i still have this neoprene/can't scratch anything... ring
yes....
i DO need an MV tag

#13 ·
heno42666 said:
Greg looks great,i have the 4 as i said before, try putting it on left hand lock then try and push key and apply steering lock iam not saying impossible but its very tight,i havent got the biggest hands but i find it fiddly to get at the key.But yes iam happy with the damper ,makes me feel more comfortable at 100 + that iam not going to get a tank slap.Its a good buy.
yes, i do agree with you about that
i rarely, if ever.... "LOCK" my steering head, because i'm not too keen on leavning my bike out of my view when in a "questionable" location

not PERFECT clearance, but, as you say.... adds a great deal of stability for the "inconvenience"

#14 ·
heno42666 said:
Greg ,how can you have that key ring on, well spotted airfuel.
you know that i'm a big BMW bike fan as well
so.... since i have been wearing my mvagusta.net shirts while riding my BMW... i thought it was a fair trade-off :)

#15 ·
Triple Seven said:
looks fantastic Greg! you might want to consider removing that key chain during rides. would suck if it got caught on something during a turn. well done mate.
yes....
i appreciate that reminder, as you are SURELY correct about that.
i just have thiis HORRIBLE HABIT of losing keys that aren't attached to anything.... so "small" in my eyes. i'll have to come up with something

#18 ·
Wow Greg, M4 looks terrific - seems like it should be an OEM part. Curious, what setting are you using for normal riding? I started with 5 but have moved it up to 7, which I feel makes the bike a little more stable around 80-90 mph. I'm hoping you as pleased as I am with the damper.

Stuart

#19 ·
addysdaddy said:
Wow Greg, M4 looks terrific - seems like it should be an OEM part. Curious, what setting are you using for normal riding? I started with 5 but have moved it up to 7, which I feel makes the bike a little more stable around 80-90 mph. I'm hoping you as pleased as I am with the damper.

Stuart
i started on 6.... only because the manual suggested that and moved it to 7 before i got home. i'll experiment more "at speed/in the twisties" very soon.

it sure does look nice on the 910R

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.