MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently they've broken down the Masterbike comparison as the Aprilia and the BMW weren't available. They were able to get most of the liter bike contenders together and the results are coming in. They'd split off the 600's and when the Aprilia became available, they did the liter bikes.

The contestants are
Japan:
Kawasaki ZX10
Honda CBR1000RR
Yamaha R1
Suzuki GSXR1000

Europe:
MV Agusta F4 312RR (1078)
KTM RC8R
Ducati ll98S
Aprilia RSV4

I believe they're going to try to acquire a BMW at a later date. How this will work out I don't know.

Apparently one of the members on the Ape forum is over there and feeding us info from Misano where the test is taking place.
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...ld_Circuit.svg

Top speeds at Misano in Kmh:
Yamaha 237 Km/h
Kawasaki 237
Suzuki 238
Honda 240
MV 237
Aprilia 235
Ducati 235
KTM 229

Now I don't want to start a hate fest but the results are apparently as follows:
1st-Aprilia RSV4
2nd-Suzuki GSXR1000
3rd-Tie, Honda CBR1000 and Ducati 1198S

I don't have any verification as of yet for those results. But apparently the RSV4 was considerably faster around the entire circuit, to the tune of a full second in front of the next bike the GSXR. So no shooting the messenger. I'll try to get more details when I can.
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate...rUrl=Translate

http://blogs.motociclismo.es/editori...ismo/#more-522

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What was your search phrase in google? I couldn't find anything additional to corroborate the report. But thanks!
Michel

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Just wondering:

1) How influential is a Masterbike win for bike sales?

2) Anyone think the 312RR should have done a little better (considering the reports are still preliminary and we don't yet know what the circumstances are yet)?

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Just wondering:

2) Anyone think the 312RR should have done a little better (considering the reports are still preliminary and we don't yet know what the circumstances are yet)?
Power wise yes, But she needs to go on a large diet.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Power wise yes, But she needs to go on a large diet.
That's what I was thinking also but I vaguely remember a some of the 2009 Japanese literbikes went up in weight also.

I was thinking the problem may have been like last year's Masterbike where the not-as-linear-as-the-other-bike's fuel may have meant less people made their fastest lap times on the 312RR.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's some more info posted:

Best lap times at Misano:

1 - Aprilia RSV-4 1.45.367
2 - Suzuki GSX-R 1000 1.46.500
3 - Honda CBR 1000 RR ABS 1.46.866
4 - KTM RC8 R 1190 1.46.966
5 - Kawasaki ZX-10R 1.47.067
6 - MV Augusta F4 1078 1.47.234
7 - Ducati 1198 S DTC 1.47.234
8 - Yamaha YZF R1 1.47.733

- The CBR had ABS and the Ducati traction control.
- The BMW is said to probably not be up to par (circuit handling is not expected to be as good, though engine is expected to be fine). BMW probaby didn't want to be compared against the field or else they would have provided their "almost finished" bike.
- Each bike was suited with manufacturer recomended tyres (Michelin Yamaha, Bridgestone Honda/Suzuki, Pirelli for the rest)
- The previous classification I gave was based on the average points each bike got on the circuit (engine 25%+transmission 10%+handling 40%+ergonomics 5%+brakes 15%+mechanical accesibility 5%). Based on the former calculations, the average points in circuit for each bike were (1=WORST;10=BEST):

1 - Aprilia 9.3
2 - Suzuki 9.2
3 - Honda 9.1
4 - Ducati 9.1
5 - Kawasaki 8.9
6 - KTM 8.9
7 - Yamaha 8.9
8 - MV 8.8

Last but not least, Spanish price between parenthesis:

1 - Aprilia (20.577€)
2 - Suzuki (-€)
3 - Honda (17.949€)
4 - Ducati (23.875€)
5 - Kawasaki (14.650€)
6 - KTM (20.999€)
7 - Yamaha (15.699€)
8 - MV (22.246€)

The italian Motosprint magazine also includes these results this week.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
good to hear that the RSV4 won, I love that bike, me thinks me might trade up......

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
mmmmmmmmm wierd that the r is near the bottom has every taet ive read here states its head and shoulders above the other jap bikes and ducati

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
they are all great bikes in their own ways....

what I appreciate is the timeless beauty of the MV.....and even though it did not win, a basically 10 year old design can still hold its own against the enormous R&D budgets of the others.

IN truth, a bikes true performance boils down to the rider. But there is nothing wrong with getting some bragging rights if your bike wins.

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
Is it me, or does the new CBR paint job look awesome!

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
I was wondering why they put all the ugly bikes up front, then the nice looking ones in the back???

and.... it's you :conveyer:

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
haha, i can always expect true honestly from you guys!:nutkick:

And you are right, the best looking bikes are in the back:f4:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts