MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw somewhere on the net that the Aprilia RSV is the Masterbike of 2006.

Masterbike is the big magazine comparison where all these journalists from all over the globe get together somewhere in europe to to a massive bike comparison.

from what i saw, the MV F4 1KR came in second.

an interesting point: the mv had the fastest lap times.

not sure how accurate this information is, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was right. this the 2nd or third time that i've seen bike shootout where the mv has the best lap times and doesn't win.

i think the street portion of these comparisons should be de-rated! afterall, these are race-bred bikes made for the street. not the other way around!

alex

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Yeah, RSV came first overall.
MV F4 R came in second in the Inline4 1000 cc, behind the ZX-10R.
But you're right the best lasp was made on the MV.

Anyway...... i don't give much credit to this things.
Remember that this version of the RSV has been competing in the Masterbike since it came out in 2004 and it only came in first in 2006.
Probably the last year for the RSV......... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
The F4R had by far the fastest time...

but they had to change the modus, not to let the MV win :stickpoke

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's pretty amazing. over a full second faster on the F4. not all the riders were fastest on the MV, but it had some of the better times. would be nice to see how the average looked.

i'm looking forward to seeing how the F4 does on the track myself. i'll be at willow springs next wednesday, which seems like too long to wait!

alex

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
being a former daytona owner...go triumph! did they win the SS category? or is the answer to that question in "other marques" section?

as far as MV, everyone expects the most expensive exotic bike to win, but nobody really wants it to because it's supposed to. does that make sense? if it has the most impressive numbers, then it's "hype". if it doesn't, then "what's wrong with the lamborghini of motorcycles...with all that cost it should win everything". guess it can never really win huh?

·
Registered
398 Posts
style_one said:
being a former daytona owner...go triumph! did they win the SS category? or is the answer to that question in "other marques" section?

as far as MV, everyone expects the most expensive exotic bike to win, but nobody really wants it to because it's supposed to. does that make sense? if it has the most impressive numbers, then it's "hype". if it doesn't, then "what's wrong with the lamborghini of motorcycles...with all that cost it should win everything". guess it can never really win huh?
The Triumph 675 is one great bike. We had a local demo days at our Triumph dealer here in Indianapolis and after I rode the thing I just had to have one. I haven't ridden my MV for almost a month now. It has a battery tender hooked up to it :blush:

·
Registered
41 Posts
What was the justification for not naming the MV first? My experience with the Masterbike tests is that it involves no road riding at all, and is strictly a test based upon lap times.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
They took not the MV, because they took the average lap times of all riders this year (the first time) :cussing: And there the ZX10 was slightly faster.
No one knows why... oh, probably only to let the MV not win... :mad:

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
rramseyr said:
The Triumph 675 is one great bike. We had a local demo days at our Triumph dealer here in Indianapolis and after I rode the thing I just had to have one. I haven't ridden my MV for almost a month now. It has a battery tender hooked up to it :blush:
Same thing happend to another guy.
He just felt in love with the 675 handling and engine :smoking:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Turbo329 said:
Having the fastest laptime is enough for me.
Thats my point, they usually take the fastest time.

I recall last year when the Ducati team felt slightly cheated when they produced a time 0.1 seconds faster than the ZX10 did, however it came 1 lap after the official timing had ended and the ZX10 time stood.

Price/comfort etc.... none of that matters in Masterbike, its a pure test of speed, often times the most interesting one of the year for me since they have so many different points of view on the bikes.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
shakazulu12 said:
Thats my point, they usually take the fastest time.

I recall last year when the Ducati team felt slightly cheated when they produced a time 0.1 seconds faster than the ZX10 did, however it came 1 lap after the official timing had ended and the ZX10 time stood.

Price/comfort etc.... none of that matters in Masterbike, its a pure test of speed, often times the most interesting one of the year for me since they have so many different points of view on the bikes.
Good point. 7 out of 16 guys put their fastest Liter bike time on the MV. MV should protest.

Doesn't matter anyways. MV will sell "ALL" of their MVs regardless of where it places in Masterbike. Ducati "NEEDED" that win last year. Their 999 sales are hurting.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts