MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning showed up like a perfect day to take the F4 for a nice ride.
About one hour into a fast trip (speeds over 120 MPH), the fuel light came on. I found it odd that I would run out of gas after only 91 miles from my last fill up.
That is when I noticed the large amounts of fuel gushing out from under the gas tank, and getting all over the alternator, among other parts of the bike. I turned the bike off and tried to find the source, with with no luck.
I did not want to take any chances, so I had the bike towed home.
The manual does not tell me how to remove the gas tank, unlike the other bikes. The gush does not occur unless I turn the engine on.

Anyone with suggestions or similar incidents is more than welcome to write back. It really f*&% up my day. Thanks in advance! :banghead:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
minime said:
Sounds like you have a broken fuel connector or stuffed oring. Mine did exactly the same thing last week.

Its an easy fix. check this link out for suggestion.

When taking off the fuel tank it helps if someone helps you remove the quick release fuel lines and the fuel pump connector.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=470
Thanks Minime, that was exactly the problem. The white connector had snapped completely off. Now I got to figure out how to find the replacement part.

Apart from the $185 I spent to get it towed, you probably saved me another $300 to get it towed again to the shop and have it repaired. Thanks, Mate.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
The Triumph part works perfectly and its made of metal not plastic.

MV does not sell the plastic connector separately and will want about $350.00 AUD for both the connectors (white and black ones) because MV sells the assembly with the fuel line attached and pre-crimp.

If you buy the MV part its still made of plastic.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Had the exact same problem on my Brutale. Check JamesC's faq page. He has a write up on it and even has links to replacement parts.

On a side note, I think it's ridiculous that MV uses plastic connectors which are known to fail on bikes this expensive.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I broke one of these plastic connectors when taking the tank off my Brutale. I used a Triumph one as Minime suggest as it is made of steel and a fraction of the price.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
236 Posts
That is a scary problem to have. Has anyone experienced it and taken the bike into MV for warranty replacement?

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
mvcorse said:
That is a scary problem to have. Has anyone experienced it and taken the bike into MV for warranty replacement?
Mine broke (it's in an old thread somewhere), and the dealer replaced the fittings with brass free of charge.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Intruder305 said:
I think i saw you, was it on Sunday morning west of Okeechobee Road?
That was me. Was I riding the bike or gettting towed home? It was not a fun day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts