MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone catch the article by Massimo Tamburini regarding the CB750? I caught a glimpse of it in the airport this weekend, but didn't grab the mag, now I'm kicking myself for not getting it. In it, there was also mention of a Japanese bike builder who's working on a Brutale custom. I'd really like to look him up and see if there's anymore info on that build.

Anyone know what mag that was?

·
Administrator
20,763 Posts
I read it...last month's issue....Can't remember which mag (I get a few), maybe Cycle World??.

Tamburini said the CB750 blew him away when it was revealed and was far superior in equipment and finish to anything else being made, including the MVs of the time. Used as the basis of the first Bimoto after he crashed his.

Sorry, but I gave the issue away after I finished reading it.
Here is a web article interview with Tamburini where he talks about his early life and motorcycle experiences and some great early pics:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Amarcord-Bimota

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Esq'z. You don't remember the name of the Japanese builder that was being featured in that issue, do you?

·
Administrator
20,763 Posts
Thanks, Esq'z. You don't remember the name of the Japanese builder that was being featured in that issue, do you?
Sorry, I don't. I am not sure, but don't think he wast doing an MV or I would have remembered. Was it the Japanese builder that is now based in California?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, I don't. I am not sure, but don't think he wast doing an MV or I would have remembered. Was it the Japanese builder that is now based in California?
They had a picture of the builder sitting low behind one of his creations and under it, the caption mentioned how excited the editors were to see the MV Brutale project he was currently working on. It caught my eye, but I was in a hurry and didn't note the builders name as I should have. Mad luck because when I hit the bookstore two days later, all the March issues had replaced the Feb issue I'd seen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts