MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They have got that wrong........................:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf: that is not Bordi in the picture :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf: its Rodger Waters from Pink Floyd :naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:
LOL

·
Registered
465 Posts
Did anyone read the comment left at the end of the article about the Triumph?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Jensen Beeler at Asphalt & Rubber is very anti MV. He always has a negative underlying tone in his articles with anything related to MV.

I do like A&R though, I just skip all of his MV articles.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jensen Beeler at Asphalt & Rubber is very anti MV. He always has a negative underlying tone in his articles with anything related to MV.

I do like A&R though, I just skip all of his MV articles.
I guess it's perspective. I don't really get an anti MV slant at all. I think a lot of MV fans get annoyed when someone is critical of MV. If you think about it in the long run MV could really use some criticism right now so they can fix some problems. :)

Then again I don't care much about MV as a company. I just love the bikes themselves. They could fold tomorrow and it would not matter to me at all. What's been done has been done and their legendary bikes will survive regardless if the company that was once great enough to create them exists or not.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Yea, something is not adding up. The sales numbers that MV are quoting appear to be just Italy but they always forget to add that part. They originally said they sold 7500 bikes last year but I recall reading just recently the number was closer to 6000 (I will try to find it) and that would put them on pace to maybe hit 7500 this year. It seems that all the bad press about the bikes RBW issues has put a dent in sales. Bordi leaving may be the writing on the wall that MV isn't quite as healthy as they are leading on. Giovanni stated a couple of months back that the 800 was a good ways out but yet here it is. Maybe they pushed it out early to try to grab more sales to make things prettier for investors.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
I guess it's perspective. I don't really get an anti MV slant at all. I think a lot of MV fans get annoyed when someone is critical of MV. If you think about it in the long run MV could really use some criticism right now so they can fix some problems. :)

Then again I don't care much about MV as a company. I just love the bikes themselves. They could fold tomorrow and it would not matter to me at all. What's been done has been done and their legendary bikes will survive regardless if the company that was once great enough to create them exists or not.
Who gets annoyed when MV is criticised?

Are we talking about this forum (and very tiny almost non existant minority)?

This forum has slipped downhill remarkably in the last 15 or so months - it is the epicentre of negativity and criticism is rife in more threads than not. A case in point is the '2013 RR owners' thread - some guy (1st post, has no credibility or standing & never returns) puts up some half arsed saracstic thread without fact only rhetoric and eveyone jumps on board to smash the 2013 RR - funnily enough there's not a single RR owner in that thread nor anyone that's even ridden one (from what I can see) but we are big on keyboard experts. This is typical of the general feel that this forum now has.

Yes it comes through clear from many of your posts that you don't care about the company, this is not a direct shot at you directly (rchase) but symptomatic of the new breed 'MV brigade' who think the MV Agusta company commenced with Massimo Tamburini creating the F4 in 1999 for Claudio Castiglioni.

Most of the criticisms on here isn't worth squat and frankly are merely gripes, I don't see any of the those offering their (free) expert advice being head hunted into major motorcycling production teams. In fact, those of you familiar with the 'Simpsons' TV cartoon show, would recall the eposide where Homer Simpson's long lost half brother (Danny DeVito) who owns a car company hands over the design of new model to his bother as he wants a model that means something to the man on the street - of course Homer designs a monstrosity aptly named the "Homer" and bankrupts the company - I can't help but think given the opportunity on this forum, real life would mirror art.

Luckily (for me at least) the enjoyment of my MVs & my love of the company both old & new is not directly affected by internet sentiment nor by magazines. I had the absolute pleasure of spending of 2 hours with the charming & highly intelligent Mr Giovanni Castiglioni in the factory in November 2010 - he kindly shared his vision with me, much of his vision is now coming to fruition albeit with a few bumps in the road.

There's something to be said for having your own mind and being a true believer. Of course, this is impossible to try and explain to someone or sway them - you either get it or you don't & never will.

Yes I am frustrated at the general attitude and decline in standards of this forum. It was a once great forum that others could only hope to aspire to but that's changed, irreversibly I would think.

A few of us, not many, do actually care.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I get the impression that Giovanni is more of a pure businessman than what his old man was. He's more about the bottom line than the romance of the brand. I guess that if your gonna survive , that's the way it's gotta be. The one who really get short changed is the end user or buyer. He obviously doesn't want to be a boutique type of company anymore . If your going for production numbers, making limited quantities of widgets isn't the way to go. Cheapen the product, which is still good by most standards, and make more widgets at a cheaper price does work in today's ecomony .

·
Registered
102 Posts
Now, if everyone out there would just go ride a Brutale 800!! What an amazing bike. The most fun bike I've EVER owned/ridden period (and I've ridden/raced plenty BTW). I care about mv as a company and their products as well. There are no longer any aspiration or "exotic" brands out there. I love ducati as well but let's be honest...they're not exactly unique in the bike world any longer. I have a Multi 1200 and Panigale. Both fantastic bikes but not without their own minor problems. MV is a special bike and special brand and if folks dont agree thats fine with me. The person who posted earlier that "you either get it or you don't" couldn't be more on the mark. I have a senna 1000 that I adore and my new Brutale 800 is amazing. As for Triumph? Certainly good bikes but do nothing for me style or build quality-wise.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Well Claudio was known for his passion about the brand but so far I don't see it in Giovanni. That being said I really hope he keeps MV going strong and he just may have to make some tough business decisions that the MV purist won't like, but if it keeps the brand alive and healthy isn't that really the point. I want to see MV stay around forever because my F3 is without doubt the most enjoyment I have ever had riding motorcycles and I have been doing that for 35 years.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Mvista, I understand where you are coming from and the post about the 2013RR owners. I am one of the guys who have commented on the post and I have ridden a RR and I have nothing bad to say about it at all it is an amazing bike and I believe I have defended the bike in another post. However I do mention that the bikes colours and wheels are hideous and I feel that the 2013 RR was released too early.

I think there has been a lot of change within the company as people have mentioned which has changed the forum too. Originally pre 2010 models we had so many limited edition bikes more for the big spending buyers and MV was for a niche market who knew what the bike was and about. Back then I don't think many manufacturers had much technological advancements which put there bikes ahead of the rest. So MV really had no reason to update or change anything much on there bikes. one common argument I have had is I wanted to buy a tamburini over a 2013 RR. I had MV owners telling me why would you buy a 2005 model bike with no brembos, ohlins etc... but I say how do you compare a 2005 bike to a 2013 bike? compare the tamburini to all the bikes that came out in 2005 and im sure there is nothing that compare maybe the Ducati R but nothing else.

which brings me to my next point. As the company now has grown and other manufacturers have come into the market i.e KTM, BMW and Aprillia with the RSV4 though they have always been around the new RSV4 has done so well. MV have now brought in a new customer with there lower price point on there bikes. These new customers have maybe come from a Japanese bike and don't appreciate what they have bought which shows through the forum. with new manufacturers on board theres more competition more competition breeds technological advancement which inturn produces better bikes. People would argue why buy a MV when you can get a HP4 BMW or RSV4? these guys are maybe just new into the brand or maybe they just have given up on it with these newer bikes coming out.

I am a passionate MV fan and I wouldn't ride any other bike be it ducati or BMW. I cant just do it. its like in oz your either a holden fan or a ford fan and you wont be seen dead driving the other. I guess a lot of guys on here maybe frustrated that even still in 2013 they have so many issues with the bikes back pre 2010 models we all accepted the issues cause they where still developing the bike.

I am also in the belief if MV had enough money to have there own WSBK team the bikes would have improved a lot faster earlier and we would have a bike winning these shootouts and magazine tests. MAybe as well as we have all aged on the forum our riding skills have deteriorated and maybe some of us on here don't or couldn't handle riding a RR which gives them no reason to praise it?

so many issues and factors I see. But im with you MVista I love MV I the bikes and the company even being a F4 nut I love the brutale too lol. I have a SPR and I cant even part with it to buy a new MV. I can only see a RR or a tamburini next to it or who knows maybe both.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Mvista, I understand where you are coming from and the post about the 2013RR owners. I am one of the guys who have commented on the post and I have ridden a RR and I have nothing bad to say about it at all it is an amazing bike and I believe I have defended the bike in another post. However I do mention that the bikes colours and wheels are hideous and I feel that the 2013 RR was released too early.

I think there has been a lot of change within the company as people have mentioned which has changed the forum too. Originally pre 2010 models we had so many limited edition bikes more for the big spending buyers and MV was for a niche market who knew what the bike was and about. Back then I don't think many manufacturers had much technological advancements which put there bikes ahead of the rest. So MV really had no reason to update or change anything much on there bikes. one common argument I have had is I wanted to buy a tamburini over a 2013 RR. I had MV owners telling me why would you buy a 2005 model bike with no brembos, ohlins etc... but I say how do you compare a 2005 bike to a 2013 bike? compare the tamburini to all the bikes that came out in 2005 and im sure there is nothing that compare maybe the Ducati R but nothing else.

which brings me to my next point. As the company now has grown and other manufacturers have come into the market i.e KTM, BMW and Aprillia with the RSV4 though they have always been around the new RSV4 has done so well. MV have now brought in a new customer with there lower price point on there bikes. These new customers have maybe come from a Japanese bike and don't appreciate what they have bought which shows through the forum. with new manufacturers on board theres more competition more competition breeds technological advancement which inturn produces better bikes. People would argue why buy a MV when you can get a HP4 BMW or RSV4? these guys are maybe just new into the brand or maybe they just have given up on it with these newer bikes coming out.

I am a passionate MV fan and I wouldn't ride any other bike be it ducati or BMW. I cant just do it. its like in oz your either a holden fan or a ford fan and you wont be seen dead driving the other. I guess a lot of guys on here maybe frustrated that even still in 2013 they have so many issues with the bikes back pre 2010 models we all accepted the issues cause they where still developing the bike.

I am also in the belief if MV had enough money to have there own WSBK team the bikes would have improved a lot faster earlier and we would have a bike winning these shootouts and magazine tests. MAybe as well as we have all aged on the forum our riding skills have deteriorated and maybe some of us on here don't or couldn't handle riding a RR which gives them no reason to praise it?

so many issues and factors I see. But im with you MVista I love MV I the bikes and the company even being a F4 nut I love the brutale too lol. I have a SPR and I cant even part with it to buy a new MV. I can only see a RR or a tamburini next to it or who knows maybe both.

Thanks Wissam for picking up the spirit of my post, I thought it may have been completely misinterpreted, I am glad it certainly wasn't by you. It wasn't about the 2013 RR thread, I just chose that as an example of where the forum was heading, I could easily picked another 10 threads to do the same thing i.e. take a pot shot at the forum.

I think you really hit the nail on the head reagrding what I called "the new breed MV brigade" - with the part I highlighted in your post above, especially the part about "they don't appreciate what they bought and it shows through".

Motorcycles used to invoke passion, now it seems they are an accessory for the urban glitterati which will attract the masses to change to whomever has latest and greatest gizzardry, or is receiving media praise - so going from a Ducati to Aprilia to whatever is a flick of the switch.

People like you who are passionate & will only ride a particular bike are a dying breed in fact - a breed that will be virtually extinct in the not distant future!

All this leads back to my point of the forum becoming a different place with more non passionate people in its makeup but rather a collection of motorcycle consumers which makes it exactly the same as every other MC forum out there.

I am finding my log ins less frequent & my post rates have dropped off remarkably - in truth my interest is waning certainly not for the marque - for me it will be MV Agusta (both the old & new bikes) till I stop riding and even after that it will live in my desires but, my interest is waning for the forum and what it is becoming.

Of course, some will read this & say "If you don't like it why don't you Fuck off?" And that's a fair enough comment too.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Thanks Wissam for picking up the spirit of my post, I thought it may have been completely misinterpreted, I am glad it certainly wasn't by you. It wasn't about the 2013 RR thread, I just chose that as an example of where the forum was heading, I could easily picked another 10 threads to do the same thing i.e. take a pot shot at the forum.

I think you really hit the nail on the head reagrding what I called "the new breed MV brigade" - with the part I highlighted in your post above, especially the part about "they don't appreciate what they bought and it shows through".

Motorcycles used to invoke passion, now it seems they are an accessory for the urban glitterati which will attract the masses to change to whomever has latest and greatest gizzardry, or is receiving media praise - so going from a Ducati to Aprilia to whatever is a flick of the switch.

People like you who are passionate & will only ride a particular bike are a dying breed in fact - a breed that will be virtually extinct in the not distant future!

All this leads back to my point of the forum becoming a different place with more non passionate people in its makeup but rather a collection of motorcycle consumers which makes it exactly the same as every other MC forum out there.

I am finding my log ins less frequent & my post rates have dropped off remarkably - in truth my interest is waning certainly not for the marque - for me it will be MV Agusta (both the old & new bikes) till I stop riding and even after that it will live in my desires but, my interest is waning for the forum and what it is becoming.

Of course, some will read this & say "If you don't like it why don't you Fuck off?" And that's a fair enough comment too.
Well, I hope you and other long time members don't give up on the forum as you all are exactly why I enjoy visiting the forum. I only joined recently (ironically about 15 months ago - I swear it isn't my fault!!) but have noticed a change in that time, too. For me, I've just become better at weeding out those posts that are worth reading or in getting involved.

Anyway, there's not much you can do when MV is widening their product offering - there are going to be more people buying the bikes with different expectations. It is kind of like when someone complains about an app not working on there phone and I am still just amazed that we're carrying around these incredible handheld computer powerhouses (though I still carry a dumb phone). It is more about what the product can do for you rather than simply enjoying the greatness of it.

I'm rambling, but I wanted to reply and at least let you know that I understand where you are coming from. But there is still a really good group of people contributing to this forum and I hope you all stick around.:yo:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Well, I hope you and other long time members don't give up on the forum as you all are exactly why I enjoy visiting the forum. I only joined recently (ironically about 15 months ago - I swear it isn't my fault!!) but have noticed a change in that time, too. For me, I've just become better at weeding out those posts that are worth reading or in getting involved.

Anyway, there's not much you can do when MV is widening their product offering - there are going to be more people buying the bikes with different expectations. It is kind of like when someone complains about an app not working on there phone and I am still just amazed that we're carrying around these incredible handheld computer powerhouses (though I still carry a dumb phone). It is more about what the product can do for you rather than simply enjoying the greatness of it.

I'm rambling, but I wanted to reply and at least let you know that I understand where you are coming from. But there is still a really good group of people contributing to this forum and I hope you all stick around.:yo:

Hear, hear.

I, too, am a recent addition to the forum here, and new to the marque. I saw the F3 unveiled and new i had to have one just as soon as they were available in here. So, as a recent inductee to the world of MV, I have to admit that I know very little of the brand, the racing history or indeed many of the models. But when I learned that they were to be coming to Canada for the first time several years ago, I started to investigate. This forum has been invaluable to me as a resource. I try and read almost everything bike related. Sure, there are a few threads that don't grab and maintain my attention as they may do others, but even amongst some negativity I still find myself learning about the brand, the history and the models. Exactly why I'm here.

MVista and other long time supporters of MV and this site, please bear with us irritating newbies, the detractors and the instigators. Stay involved, wade through the murk, and keep the fires hot!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Who gets annoyed when MV is criticised?

Are we talking about this forum (and very tiny almost non existant minority)?

This forum has slipped downhill remarkably in the last 15 or so months - it is the epicentre of negativity and criticism is rife in more threads than not. A case in point is the '2013 RR owners' thread - some guy (1st post, has no credibility or standing & never returns) puts up some half arsed saracstic thread without fact only rhetoric and eveyone jumps on board to smash the 2013 RR - funnily enough there's not a single RR owner in that thread nor anyone that's even ridden one (from what I can see) but we are big on keyboard experts. This is typical of the general feel that this forum now has.

Yes it comes through clear from many of your posts that you don't care about the company, this is not a direct shot at you directly (rchase) but symptomatic of the new breed 'MV brigade' who think the MV Agusta company commenced with Massimo Tamburini creating the F4 in 1999 for Claudio Castiglioni.

Most of the criticisms on here isn't worth squat and frankly are merely gripes, I don't see any of the those offering their (free) expert advice being head hunted into major motorcycling production teams. In fact, those of you familiar with the 'Simpsons' TV cartoon show, would recall the eposide where Homer Simpson's long lost half brother (Danny DeVito) who owns a car company hands over the design of new model to his bother as he wants a model that means something to the man on the street - of course Homer designs a monstrosity aptly named the "Homer" and bankrupts the company - I can't help but think given the opportunity on this forum, real life would mirror art.

Luckily (for me at least) the enjoyment of my MVs & my love of the company both old & new is not directly affected by internet sentiment nor by magazines. I had the absolute pleasure of spending of 2 hours with the charming & highly intelligent Mr Giovanni Castiglioni in the factory in November 2010 - he kindly shared his vision with me, much of his vision is now coming to fruition albeit with a few bumps in the road.

There's something to be said for having your own mind and being a true believer. Of course, this is impossible to try and explain to someone or sway them - you either get it or you don't & never will.

Yes I am frustrated at the general attitude and decline in standards of this forum. It was a once great forum that others could only hope to aspire to but that's changed, irreversibly I would think.

A few of us, not many, do actually care.
Well said Rob, well said.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
+1 Rob

I think what Rob is trying to say, which seem to escape some guys on the forum at the moment, is that there is a few guys you can by now read like a book with their constant "Copy and Paste" posting of critisism.
If it's not about the fuel maps, it's about the MCN test's, or the Chinese product's usage, or the bad wiring......and blah, blah, blah.
It's like crapping on your own doorstep every day, and then telling us how much you like the door mat.

Look, I know the fueling is bad, I know some of the new MV's have bad wiring, and it's terribly dissapointing to see, but is it suprising to see, for me it's not.
And do I hang this on every single thread in the forum, no I don't, people know about these things without it being forced into their faces all the time.

Rather try and find something positive to say, there's a lot of that out there too.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think what Rob is trying to say, which seem to escape some guys on the forum at the moment, is that there is a few guys you can by now read like a book with their constant "Copy and Paste" posting of critisism.
If it's not about the fuel maps, it's about the MCN test's, or the Chinese product's usage, or the bad wiring......and blah, blah, blah.
It's like crapping on your own doorstep every day, and then telling us how much you like the door mat.

Look, I know the fueling is bad, I know some of the new MV's have bad wiring, and it's terribly dissapointing to see, but is it suprising to see, for me it's not.
And do I hang this on every single thread in the forum, no I don't, people know about these things without it being forced into their faces all the time.

Rather try and find something positive to say, there's a lot of that out there too.
Donsy,

Point taken. I'm certainly guilty of this myself.

The thing is though many of the naysayers don't have malice in mind when we talk openly about these things. We want these problems fixed and the only way that's really going to happen is if everyone know's about the problems. While I could care less about MV as a company I still think even the new F4's are special and would love to one day see the current problems get fixed. Problems don't fix themselves when they get swept under the rug. Despite my preference for the older bikes I would love to at least have a new one as a viable option.

Many of us also have positive things to say as well but unfortunately many people only see the negative. If you think about it that's the same thing your accusing us of. :)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts