MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking after the tech. specs between the Marzocchi RAC50 and the MV supplied Marzocchi 50, I fund a difference only in travel length : 120mm for RAC, 129mm for MV.
Does anyone know other differences?

tvass

·
Registered
178 Posts
oicdn said:
I was told my a licensed Maz dealer/rebuiilder that there isn't one, and that it's actually a revalved dirtbike fork...nice.
I don't see how that's possible.

The forks used on dirtbikes have much, much longer fork tubes and obviously travel. I can't see how any dirtbike fork could share much in the way of components with a sportbike fork.

And I've never seen 50 mm dirtbike forks.

But I could be wrong all-together. :shitfan:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
tvass said:
Looking after the tech. specs between the Marzocchi RAC50 and the MV supplied Marzocchi 50, I fund a difference only in travel length : 120mm for RAC, 129mm for MV.
Does anyone know other differences?

tvass
yeah, the MV one's fire you out of the seat when the going gets bumpy :jsm:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
JamesC said:
Husky use the Marzocchi 50s as well on dirt/supermotards. I'm not sure of all the differences otherwise but understand the RAC is pretty advanced.
Some KTM's also use Marzocchi's. Atleast, the ones at the dealer I was at had them equipped. Although, this is a race shop too, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were aftermarket. But the seals, legs, and stantions looked identical to the Brutes, with the exceptions of the lowers being longer, for obvious reasons.

But he told me straight up "You know those forks are fairly universal in that you could take those apart, revalve them and they'de be dirtbike forks." He then showed me the ones on the KTM. Authorized Ohlins and Marzocchi service center, and sells the stuntbikes to Disney...so I didn't question it.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
mikef4uk said:
yeah, the MV one's fire you out of the seat when the going gets bumpy :jsm:
When I picked them up after the revalve at Maxton, Richard (owner) said we sometimes set them up that stiff for the track :jsm:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts