MV Agusta Forum banner

Marzocchi upgrade

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  falcn 
#1 ·
Hi all
I'm in the middle of giving the brutale 990r forks a service and thought that while I'm doing it I would like to give them a little upgrade with some new valves etc.

My usual supplier can either put some k-tech adjusters, ssk valves and weight tuned springs in them for me.
or
they can send me a BiTubo cartridge kit with weight tuned springs and I can replace them myself.
One option basically replacement of the whole internal unit, while the other is replacement of a few parts and using some of my original parts.

On paper the bitubo way of replacing everything as a unit for new is the better option, but I thought I would ask if anyone had experience with this?

Thanks for your help

Si

#2 ·
I have Bitubo cartridges in my track only Ninja 400 and I love the freaking things.

The Bitubo carts require servicing every few years or 20,000km to keep the internal nitrogen charge pressure up to spec when used in track bikes, but they get a lot more abuse then a street bike. The action is very smooth, the feedback is great, the adjustments actually make a difference. I like them so much I am debating on getting a set for my Brutale 990R!

Here is my install thread.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply mate.
Real world feedback from an owner is just what I need and a good amount of feedback from road would also be helpful 🙂
The bike is coming together nicely and I would like to upgrade those forks a bit so I'll go for it and grab a set of BiTubo.
I ended up getting the last recommendation (the rear sprocket carrier interface from the guys in Germany) that you told me about and that was a great move, a real difference.
I also added tapered bearings from the same company in the steering headset.
All great. Forks next and then I need to check those valve clearances.
Thanks for everything as usual, great help

Si

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.