MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, the saga gones on....

I purchased a brand new Marzocchi 50mm Left Fork Leg, never installed, air mail from Australia. The guy who I purchased it from said it was a right, and I viewed the photo very quickly. Anyway, it came, and it is the left. If you are sitting on the bike, it is the left fork. (I guess if you were standing in front of the bike, looking at it head on, it would be right, but I NEVER heard anyone calling this the bikes RIGHT). Oh well. I have no use for it. I am asking $459 including free shipping in the USA (less than I paid). Give me a hollar. I believe it fits a Brutale 910, SPR, 1000, etc - anything with Marzocchi 50mm Forks. New, never installed. Thanks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
CountD said:

I purchased a brand new Marzocchi 50mm Left Fork Leg, never installed, air mail from Australia. The guy who I purchased it from said it was a right, and I viewed the photo very quickly. Anyway, it came, and it is the left. If you are sitting on the bike, it is the left fork. (I guess if you were standing in front of the bike, looking at it head on, it would be right, but I NEVER heard anyone calling this the bikes RIGHT). Oh well. I have no use for it. I am asking $459 including free shipping in the USA (less than I paid). Give me a hollar. I believe it fits a Brutale 910, SPR, 1000, etc - anything with Marzocchi 50mm Forks. New, never installed. Thanks.
Is it TiN coated?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
CountD said:

Well that sucks. Where are you at with your bike? Did you damage one fork? If so, did you just bend the tube? Is your stock fork bottom ok? If so, you could have someone swap the bottom, then you'll have what you need.

If your bottom is messed up too, then perhaps you could find someone here who was swapped fork bottoms and will sell you the stock bottoms.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks - I could use the top, and switch it out I guess. I was thinking of just switching both of the ones I have on the bike (Marzocchi 50mm) with a pair of Showa (49mm) that I just bought from ytak. I guess it really doesn't matter in the long run - it seems people are split on the Showa/Marzocchi forks. As far as it being Ti coated, I don't know. How could I tell?

·
Registered
72 Posts
CountD said:
Thanks - I could use the top, and switch it out I guess. I was thinking of just switching both of the ones I have on the bike (Marzocchi 50mm) with a pair of Showa (49mm) that I just bought from ytak. I guess it really doesn't matter in the long run - it seems people are split on the Showa/Marzocchi forks. As far as it being Ti coated, I don't know. How could I tell?
Gold Nitride on the fork lower surface.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts