MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
everybody who has the steering damper on the Brutale, did you install them yourself? Or from an 'offical' mechanic?

Do you have to use Loctite glue on the screws which hold the handle bar etc...?
As I understand there a different types of glue (in Europe we don't have Loctite - what is good to use instead?)

(Maybe it could be also interesting to start a Loctite threat (with photos of parts and screws where glue was applied)?

Thank you all in advance!!!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
I didn't use when I first install it. After a few kilometers one of the screws got loose. USE IT. There are a few makes...do you know PATTEX NURAL? They do three different ones depending on the materials. I think the best one is 50.

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
i installed one myself. it's very easy. and yes, you need to use locktite. lesson already learned. Brutale vibrates too much.

·
Registered
78 Posts
northface said:
everybody who has the steering damper on the Brutale, did you install them yourself? Or from an 'offical' mechanic?

Do you have to use Loctite glue on the screws which hold the handle bar etc...?
As I understand there a different types of glue (in Europe we don't have Loctite - what is good to use instead?)

(Maybe it could be also interesting to start a Loctite threat (with photos of parts and screws where glue was applied)?

Thank you all in advance!!!
Hi

I installed myself. Took about 20 minutes. Definately use blue loctite on all bolts. Does loctite go by some other name in Europe? I am certain there is some form of it probably under a different name. Install rates as an easy on the do it yourself scale.

Alan

·
Registered
94 Posts
After installation of the M4R and some sharp right turns I noticed that the bottom of the Matris mounting kit scratch my gas tank. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
SebBrutale said:
After installation of the M4R and some sharp right turns I noticed that the bottom of the Matris mounting kit scratch my gas tank. Has anyone else had this problem?
When I instaled mine it came very close to the tank. When I got together with other Brutale owners I saw that some did and some didn`t. The answer is that the handelbar clamp is like a seesaw and if you tighten the front screws first you can rotate the Matres above the tank. Sorry to hear you scrached your tank They should warn about this in the directions.

·
Registered
104 Posts
SebBrutale said:
I had the same problem and it took out a small chunk of paint right next to the gasket. I've glued on a rubber stopper at the bottom which probably won't hold but made me feel better!

·
Registered
803 Posts
brutal2dmax said:
I had the same problem and it took out a small chunk of paint right next to the gasket. I've glued on a rubber stopper at the bottom which probably won't hold but made me feel better!

If the damper is making contact with the gas tank you need to reposition the damper body. There is two adjustments you can make when the clamp holding the damper body is loosened:

1. The position left to right, try to position it so that there is an equal amount of shaft showing when the handlebar is turn all the way to the right and all the way to the left.
2. The rotation of the damper body, which directs the postion of the "finger" protruding from the damper body. I found it best to postion it either perpedicular to the ground or parrallel to the head tube.

. Mine doesn't come close to hitting any part of the gas tank.

·
Registered
104 Posts
It's not the damper but the mounting bracket that hits the tank. I tried Cdamb's reccomendation and it now clears the tank. Just loosened the aft bolts and tightened the forward ones first, and Voila! BTW I'm glad I used blue loctite and not red...

·
Registered
803 Posts
brutal2dmax said:
It's not the damper but the mounting bracket that hits the tank. I tried Cdamb's reccomendation and it now clears the tank. Just loosened the aft bolts and tightened the forward ones first, and Voila! BTW I'm glad I used blue loctite and not red...

OH...now I get it. That piece does come close, that was the first thing I checked when I installed my kit. The gas tank itself has some play it, combined with the play in the bracket I can understand how it could touch if both are in the worst postion. Thanks for giving the heads up so this doesn't happend to others.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
dumbcomputers said:
OH...now I get it. That piece does come close, that was the first thing I checked when I installed my kit. The gas tank itself has some play it, combined with the play in the bracket I can understand how it could touch if both are in the worst postion. Thanks for giving the heads up so this doesn't happend to others.
glad that you figured it out
as you said.... when installed properly the dampener doesn't come anywhere near a painted surface

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 19 of 19 Posts