MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to the Martin Motorsports (Boyertown, PA) Modern Classics Show today and saw a number of beautiful bikes. There were, however, three bikes that were of particular note for me, all MV. Well, maybe two plus something else, as it was only part MV bike – a 1965 MV Agusta Trasporto Tevere. The front suspension on this Transporto Tevere is standard MV motorcycle, and the 10 hp four-stroke motor was shared with the Tevere motorcycle. This Trasporto was beautifully restored although it was missing the windshield.

The second beautiful piece was what the Transporto was transporting- not sure which model MV this is but I hope some of you experts can chime in and identify it.

The third piece was another great Albert Bold build, a gorgeous 1976 750 America. I'd love to hear this thing roar!

Attachments

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Very Cool

I would love a Trasporto Tevere down the track - the bike on the back (I'd like a better angle) looks like a 175 CS Turismo Lusso.

It is shame it is not a 235 Tevere as then the "truck" and bike would have shared the shame engine, it is not very often that you could replicate that scenario - too cool.:)

The swing arm on the America looks strange - did it have a chain conversion? If so, it would make prefect sense.

Great photos, thank you for taking the time to post them :yo:

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I would love a Trasporto Tevere down the track - the bike on the back (I'd like a better angle) looks like a 175 CS Turismo Lusso.

It is shame it is not a 235 Tevere as then the "truck" and bike would have shared the shame engine, it is not very often that you could replicate that scenario - too cool.:)

The swing arm on the America looks strange - did it have a chain conversion? If so, it would make prefect sense.

Great photos, thank you for taking the time to post them :yo:
Cool photos. Rob I can see you driving one of those with bike on the back to a show. They are so cool

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Cool photos. Rob I can see you driving one of those with bike on the back to a show. They are so cool
I can see that too Adrian, I'd just have to make sure the show wasn't too far from home otherwise, it'd be an extended holiday to get there and back :laughing: I can't imagine top speed being 60kph loaded up ;)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MVista, you asked for more photos to better ID that bike on the Trasporto, so here you go.

As for the America, the chain is on the other side (lousy picture, but here it is), so I don't believe there are any modifications there.

Attachments

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Thanks for that Gitano.

I think I am going to stick with my original assessment with the 175 but realised my typo should have read - 175 CTSL :eek:

The America has indeed had a chain conversion - that was point that I made that the swing arm looking 'strange' from the other side - the America, of course, in factory configuration came with as shaft drive.

Thanks again :yo:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're right, Rob. I have seen a couple Americas up close at Albert Bold's place and can't say I remember if they were shaft or chain. It seems he does them either way but now see they were shaft from the factory.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Indeed I know that Albert (having raced them) prefers the chain drive conversion - it is lighter, more reliable and improves the handling.

I've kept my America as a shaft drive as I don't race it and when I ride it even 'spiritedly' it suits me just fine as it is. I am lucky that I get away (being a historic registration before 1979) with not having blinkers which I think makes it look much cleaner, I do of course, have the factory blinkers, I hope the authorities are NOT reading this. :laughing:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts