MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Still no public confirmation on this. I agree it will be interesting.

Also interesting, and ironic in a way, that our friend @[email protected] has suggested that Marquez would suit the KTM because of his familiarity with V4 power delivery. I wonder then, if this might apply in reverse, as in Zarco's ability to adapt to Honda's V4 - duly acknowledging they are different chassis.
I agree they will be inversely comparable, but expect it is not the power delivery but if they handle similar Zarco will not have a good time at all. This is also why I think the KTM suits Marquez riding style. Zarco seems more suitable to a different style of bike that suits a flowing style. The 2 WCs he won in Moto 2 were on a Kalex chassis.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
2nd best handling bike.The Suzuki is obviously the best handling bike on the grid. One of the points announcers ect make is Marquez is SO good he wins on a bike with handling so bad no one else can be competitive. My grip with Honda is why they have seemingly thrown in the towel in fixing it . Listen to Marquez crew chief. BTW thanks Nigel honestly I think its my time to go. Its ok I lived a charmed life lol

I just want my F4RR back from the shop. leaving it to my nephew he will love it.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Nigel/Glenno you 2 are the last 2 people in world that hold out that the HONDA ISNT a crap handling bike. Even Marquez crew chief admits the RCV213V is a crap handling bike LOLOL. (pod cast) Every MotoGP rider says the bike cant handle. THESE THINGS HAPPEN . BUT … Honda should at least try to fix the problem. In another podcast they stated Yamaha has handling problems but are spending big$$$ to hire away the best electronic techs to improve the bike. Honda is worried how they look in the press moreso than Marquez/other riders safety . Honda doesn't want to hear Marquez won the title DESPITE the Hondas handling problems and no one else is good enough to ride through the handling problems so there main goal next year is to develop a bike that the average racer can use. IMO Marquez is an odd kid who dislikes change . Who has 25 million in the bank and still lives with his parents at 26?? Hell now that the KTM has big HP marquez could win the title on the RC16. I do feel sorry for GIGI. He took an unridable bike tossed it, designed his own bike in 2015 and had the best bike on the grid in 2YEARS 2017. That is impressive even if Ducati did get help from AUDI hiring engineering firm. Shame Ducati cant get a rider. ZARCO is riding at Philip Island this year . He is a good rider but no one expects him to be able to ride around the RCV213V handling problems. He will crash or be at the back of the pack(13th to 15th?) with crutchlow. Where do you think he will finish??

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Nigel/Glenno you 2 are the last 2 people in world that hold out that the HONDA ISNT a crap handling bike. . .
Ah my friend. I think Glenno might have been a bit more subjective than me in his posts. I have a very strong Honda bias, but I try to not let that influence my thoughts and perspectives in communications.

With all the talk (your talk?) about Honda developing a bike for only one rider, there is a lot of sense behind Honda adapting/modifying the bike to the informed requests of its main rider. On this point, we know that Stephan Bradl is Honda/HRC's test rider, but what do we hear of his recommendations? Absolutely nothing. If Bradl is to be seen to have relevant input into the development program, he wouldn't be quoted with the likes of this:
https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/bradl-annoyed-radical-honda-austria/4512695/
On that basis then, we must assume the team is quick to accede to MM's requests. My view is that it's counter-productive to ignore changes that will benefit a lead rider who is 100 points ahead of his nearest rival. To have finished 1st and 2nd the whole season (save for Austin which MM acknowledges as his fault) must show that the bike has capabilities that are 'tameable' by a good rider. As I have previously quoted, I do not believe the other riders are up to the task.

I might present an alogy in that one cannot bake a good cake with bad ingredients. Similarly, if the Honda was constructed with bad ingredients it would not be performing at the top level - no matter who the baker is.

. . . ZARCO is riding at Philip Island this year . He is a good rider but no one expects him to be able to ride around the RCV213V handling problems. He will crash or be at the back of the pack(13th to 15th?) with crutchlow. Where do you think he will finish??
My view is that Zarco will do his utmost to impress because his 2020 options seem to be limited to Yamaha's test rider. His familiarity with the V4 will (hopefully) make a quick transition for him. We have already seen him with front end struggles this year on the KTM. We have also seen many instances of the Hondas washing out at the front on many circuits this year. On that very narrow basis I conclude there might be quite a similarity to the two bikes and that will help, rather than hinder, Zarco on the Honda. Remember too, that this is the LCR 2018 Honda that Nakagami has piloted to a best of 5th place in 2019, although most other results have been dismal.

I think our best hope for Zarco this year is that he does not take out Marquez on the first lap:
https://www.foxsports.com.au/motorsport/moto-gp/motogp-marc-marquez-and-johann-zarco-collide-at-280kmh-during-australian-gradn-prix/news-story/9d0d0338873ea71987cc06950219f88e

·
Registered
93 Posts
I would even guess that if Crutchlow's saddle was vacant, Honda would not have opted for Zarco, but gave Bradl the ride. I see Bradl's role a bit different, I think Honda (and Marquez) seem to like his setup work and deem it beneficial. The fact that we donot hear anything is more a result of Bradl seeing his task to develop in the direction that Marquez wants the bike to be. Once Honda and Lorenzo are clear about what Lorenzo is needing to gain a better feeling about the Honda, Bradl will get that task as well.

But as Nakagami's bike is anyway the old 2018 horse, they will do a tryout with Zarco. If he impresses massively, fine. Otherwise, nothing really lost.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I'm done it is just the same old shit over and over again.
Aw, come on @Glenno , even though you're completely correct, where's your tolerance?>:)

Sure, some members might have been warned off by consistent claims of the best handling bikes, and Honda's crap handling bike, and Marquez's 'unique stlye' replicating Freddie Spencer's (although I don't see that) and how KTM will be the best bike on the grid etc, but, I am keen to keep replying to our friend @[email protected] merely to reinforce another point of view.

I hope it might engage other readers, and some of the snippets of history that we post (when accurate!!) might advance the knowledge of other members.:grin2::wink2:

21 - 31 of 31 Posts