MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
Administrator
19,817 Posts
If he "lets" Dani get by I will not be surprised to see Jorge follow along and then beat Dani.

But Dani's "mentor" is probably blustering and bullying the HRC brass, since he knows Dani has not shown he can be number 1 and it really irks him....just my opinion, of course. I don't really know.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Totally shifting the pressure on to Pedrosa....

I also think he is trying to stay humble.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Marquez went in hot into that corner, but I can't see that he actually touched Danny and caused the high-side..

It’s now a two horse race to the end, with Jorge on worn out old horse shoes..

Marquez´s left elbow cut Dani´s traction control cable so when he pushed full throttle BOOOMMMM.......well just bad luck for him, this year was his last train and it just left yesterday without him.

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will be super pissed if the investigation ends up with a penalty for MM. To me, that was a racing incident.
I know what you mean, but I can't see how they can give Marquez a penalty, as Danny fell off a few seconds later by himself..

What I can see happening is Honda telling Danny to back off Marquez and help him secure the World title..

Team Orders is almost bound to happen now that Danny can't win the title.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I remember when the traction control went from the riders arse, past the brain and onto the right hand.....those were the days.

I thought it was quite funny when Toby Moody on Eurosport said "Goes to show TC doesn't save you from a high side" err it does if it's working!

The title is certainly Marquez's to lose now, he only has to finish on the podium for the rest of the season to take it.

·
Registered
895 Posts
That is such a shame for Dani, and for the championship too, I think. I would have loved to see him win that race, and I think he really had the pace to do it. Marc really has the talent, and the good luck, it seems! The moto2 race was excellent to watch too, can't wait to see Redding in Motogp, hard charger.:yo:

·
Registered
842 Posts
It'll be interesting to see what happens to Dani now ..... can't help but feel this was his last chance to secure the championship, and there's a groundswell of complaints about the numbers of Spanish taking all the top rides, reducing international media interest in an spectacle/show/sport/industry that relies upon a global audience for success ..... plus there's long been discontent between his "management" and the team powers-that-be ........

·
Registered
947 Posts
Honestly I am not sad that it happened to Pedrosa. I never thought he would be able to win with Puig pulling his strings. This year was his best shot at winning the title and M.M. is kicking his ass. Its time for Honda to let someone else have that ride. Honda never should have resigned him last year.

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Puig&Pedrosa

I'm glad that Pedrosa wasn't hurt in the crash that delighted me so much(only because I don't believe he had a chance at challenging Marquez and Lorenzo) . Now he is already talking to the Spanish press, bad mouthing Marquez about sloppy riding....
""""Dani Pedrosa believes Marc Marquez overstepped the mark during the pair's late MotoGP battle at Aragon, and called for stewards to clampdown on any similar moves in the future.

Pedrosa crashed heavily moments after being passed by Marquez, with it subsequently emerging that contact between the pair had damaged Pedrosa's traction control system, leading to his violent high-side.

Marquez went on to win the race, and is now 59 points clear of Pedrosa with four races to run.

Pedrosa though feels race stewards showed too much leniency in allowing Marquez to escape without being punished for the clash.

"Marc is always riding on the limit when he has riders in front," Pedrosa told Spanish television.

"This time, like he has been doing all year, he almost hit me from behind and when he touched me he broke the traction control sensor and I just flew.

"That was the end of my race; I fell because of that.

"It's obvious that it doesn't matter what I say now - it's over now.

"On days like this you only hear the winner but I'd like to say that race control has been taking things too lightly with things that have been happening in recent years.

"A lot of experienced riders like myself have been trying to calm down others with less experience, but in this case, as usual, they have looked the other way.

"The ones who have been warning about this over the years, like Jorge or me, also know how to race over the limit, and everything is fine."

Marquez courted controversy earlier this year when he hit Jorge Lorenzo on the final turn at Jerez, allowing him to steal ahead of the Yamaha rider and move into second in sight of the flag. He apologised immediately to Lorenzo for the incident.

He also picked off Valentino Rossi with a typically aggressive move around the outside of Laguna Seca's Corkscrew which forced both men to take to the dirt."""""

So now Dani doesn't think the bikes should touch?!? FFS it's racing little boy! Marquez barely brushed against his bike, And the traction control sensor breaking is just a freak occurrence, and I'm sure they will make steps to prevent it from ever happening again. Get over it, it's racing bub.

Dani Pedrosa is not a real racer, just a real whiner. He'll never be anything more than second IMO, I laugh aloud at his cries of foul. Just the words of a sore looser, helpless to stop his rookie teammate and current MotoGP rising star from blowing him away in the championship on his first year on the bike! I don't know if Honda plans to sign him again, but I would be surprised if they don't let someone else try soon enough.
I like the bbc commentator's term, he will only ever be a bridesmaid.

And this smarmy comment...

"The ones who have been warning about this over the years, like Jorge or me, also know how to race over the limit, and everything is fine."

What a little puke. :jerkoff:

I'm sorry but does anyone remember the Repsol teammates in 2006? I don't even think Dani was anywhere near challengeing for the championship when took out his own teammate, the championship leader, in the penultimate race with a sloppy, unnecessary pass, knocking the comfortable points leader back to second.

My second favorite part about the race was the split second that they showed Puig after the crash, crying into his hands. If I get a chance later I'll screenshot it
:devil:

(Btw I typed this whole post on my iPhone and it took me about a half an hour, so if anybody sees any other spelling or grammatical errors...stuff it.)

·
Registered
947 Posts
Agreed Ian. I have never liked Pedrosa and predicted to my wife when he was a rookie that he would never win the MotoGP title. You could just tell. He had potential but Puig ruined him. How Honda puts up with Puig is a mystery.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Agreed Ian. I have never liked Pedrosa and predicted to my wife when he was a rookie that he would never win the MotoGP title. You could just tell. He had potential but Puig ruined him. How Honda puts up with Puig is a mystery.
Not only was it puig but lets not forget he was riding while rossi was taking all those championships. Nobody was going to win unless the bike number was 46

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 230 Posts