MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very odd? must have OUT clause so Honda cant fire Alex AND/OR Marc Marquez Shoulder injury has scared him/family.Possibly he has seen mortality. No real upside for him to sign for 4 years. Ducati the most innovative/technical company.(NIGEL- Glenno no bias step back look at what Honda vs Ducati has accomplished POST Carbon chassis....AUDI BIG INFLUANCE. AND HRC will NEVER be the same as when MR HONDA was alive=PASSION GONE) Without Marquez Honda would be an ALSO ran= I want to see HRC work as hard on FCV213 as they have done on the CBR1000RR-R)

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Then again when you have a guy who is 27 going on 16 you cant really relate to what he is thinking. I read Honda wants to develop the RCV213 handling and Marquez says no give me more power. But on the other hand wants his brothers bike to handle so he can go faster . Marquez is the fastest rider there has ever been but it looks like hes starting to be a bit hard to work with to be sure lol... IMHO the Marquez brother/team mate set up is going to end up being a nightmare .

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think Marquez wants more power because he knows that he can ride around any other problems just by using his skill. Riders like that are a bit of a nightmare for teams because there aren't enough of them, so while one rider is suffering with an ill-handling bike the other is succeeding. The best and most successful teams usually have two riders who have very similar styles (not including the aliens). I remember reading somewhere that one of the reasons Rossi won in 2004 on Yamaha was that Alex Barros rode it in 2003 and told Yamaha what changes needed to be made. They have similar styles so Rossi had a good starting point. I do know that Rossi and Burgess are the reasons he won, but Barros' input into the M1 helped a lot.

I think that Mark will still win next year, assuming his shoulder doesn't give him too many problems. It'll be very interesting indeed!

·
Registered
252 Posts
As long as he beats Rossi I don't care!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Harsh... but fair?

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Huh? 4 years?

I thought he was going to Ducati!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
21,737 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Why do you think that?
IMHO Rossi is a spoilt brat and a dangerous rider when he does not get his own way, Marquez is a better rider. Rossi has had his day.

·
Registered
57 Posts
No real upside for him to sign for 4 years.
Rumors are his contract was in the 9 digits so that would certainly be an upside. He is the winningest rider at the moment and is on the best team. Why would he go eslewhere? Especially if Honda is willing to open their wallets like that. Easiest decision is could make.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Honda is NOT the best team. If so the RCV213V wouldnt be finishing out of the top 10 (Iknow Crutchlow had a podium but race was a survival race) Maequez is the ONLY reason the Honda wins ANYTHING... MARC MARQUEZ IS THAT GOOD BTW ..ALL..the manufacturers would have paid what Honda paid and once you have enough money that you know you will keep same lifestyle,the money becomes secondary. arquez can win title on ANY manufacturer even Aprilia now lol.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
jigsaw man, u sir are one tough cookie. Don't shoot Rossi down like that, he is not a has been, he still is a very good rider

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
. . . Don't shoot Rossi down like that, he is not a has been, he still is a very good rider
Agree. No doubt 5 bhp and some chassis refinement would see him in podium fighting positions every race!! And with test results to date, I am confident he will make some podium appearances this year. He still has a point to prove (10 championships) and I believe that is one almighty driving force.;)

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nigel that was ALEX who supposedly also resigned for Moto2 team.Also Marc Marquez manager met with Ducati rep when Honda was saying that the RCV213V was the reason Maec was winning races Not Marquez riding around problems . Honda backed off that pissing match being it was/is so obvious without Marc Marquez the RCV213V is lucky tobe in the top 10 AND Honda feared loosing him HE IS A WEIRD KID. Has 25 Million in the bank and STILL lives at Home at 25? AND he was sleeping with Bunk beds with Alex tUntill a couple of years ago??? Saw a show about his home/family life. He is 25 going on 15? Fastest rider EVER. He refers to crashing as GOING BOOM LOL (thats a joke ...i think? lol)

BTW this MARQUEZ-MARQUEZ Team is going to be a mess.

JIGSAW? Rossi is unquestionably a GOAT. Rossi was one of the fastest riders of all time . THE best passer I have ever seen (Yes, Passing is a skill onto itself) And he looks to ne a down to earth nice guy. How could you dislike Rossi?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts