MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in buying a set of Marchesini wheels for my 910s and was wondering if the wheels that fit a Ducati will fit on the Brutale.

·
King of Bling
9,825 Posts
Imo

Hi..

I appreciate you will fit want ever takes your fancy, but just a kind word of warning if you decide to fit magnesium wheels on your road bike.. :blah:

Magnesium is one of those funny metals that needs a lot of care and attention, and is in some way extremely affected by the elements. It’s not really advisable for use on the roads, and sometimes is more hassle than its worth in the weight saving.. Life would be much easier if you when down the Forged alloy route. :stickpoke

If you do decide to fit magnesium wheels on your road bike, please seek some advice prior to purchase from your importer.. I’m not trying to sway your decision, just hopefully giving you some insight into the possible pros and cons .. ;)

:later:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not interested in magnesium wheels. I've been looking for a set of slightly used aluminum Marchesini wheels that will fit the Brutale and have found some good deals on some that will fit the Ducati's on Ebay. Wanted to know if those will fit on the Brutale. That's all.

·
King of Bling
9,825 Posts
Flat Spot said:
I'm not interested in magnesium wheels. I've been looking for a set of slightly used aluminum Marchesini wheels that will fit the Brutale and have found some good deals on some that will fit the Ducati's on Ebay. Wanted to know if those will fit on the Brutale. That's all.
No probs, was just trying to help..

·
Administrator
20,061 Posts
The Ducati front wheel has different brake rotor inner diameter and bolt centers. Not sure about axle and hub width. Not sure about rear either, but at the very least you would need new rotors.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Flat Spot said:
I'm interested in buying a set of Marchesini wheels for my 910s and was wondering if the wheels that fit a Ducati will fit on the Brutale.

No!

Rear axle is a different size.

Front axle and rotor bolt pattern is different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts