MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have a set of 16.5 forged Mg. Marchesini SBK race rims in good shape along with a matching set of Brembo HP narrow band race rotors. These parts are from the FBF race bike ran in the AMA FX series and piloted by Luca Scassa.

Please understand this is a race set up only. Sure for those that know.....these can be used on the road without issue. However, the 16.5 tires that fit the rims usually say 'not for road use' on them, so if you get stopped by a cop with a hard on for making riders lives hell, then you could be fined, or worse, pinched. So to cover everyone's butt.....these are FOR TRACK USE ONLY.

As mentioned the wheels are an SBK wheel which means they are forged magnesium, have a no-slip finish along the bead edge, and will not fit OE rotors. This is why i'm offering the wheel/rotor package. The rotors are 320mm Brembo narrow band race rotors in which the cross hatching can still be seen. They have been cleaned of with a media blaster and are ready for new pads to bed in.

----------PRICE-----------

EDIT: Final price reduction before they get put in a cold dark corner to get lost for the next 2-3 decades. $1000 for wheels and rotors. Shipping/packing/fees not accounted for. Will need your zip code to figure a shipped estimate.

As for the package deal i was thinking that 1,500 bucks for Mg. rims is reasonable, and that for another 100 bucks i'll toss in the rotors. So it would be 1,600 plus shipping for the set up. Speaking of which, the captive spacers seen in the pics are included. Such a life saver when mounting/dismounting the front rim.

************THESE RIMS ARE ONLY FOR THE 25MM FRONT AXLE FRONT ENDS. TIRES ARE NOT INCLUDED AND HAVE SINCE BEEN REMOVED AFTER PICS TAKEN. *************

rims.........

http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/fbfagusta/library/08 F4/Marchesini fbf-scassa#/user/fbfagusta/library/08 F4/Marchesini fbf-scassa?sort=3&page=1&_suid=140314186566804632449855590264

rotors.......

http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/fbfagusta/library/08 F4/Brembo rotors?sort=3&page=1#/user/fbfagusta/library/08 F4/Brembo rotors?sort=3&page=1&_suid=140314193971206107727536025933

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure i understand the question being asked. Not selling just the rotors as its a wheel and rotor package deal. More specifically, one could not take these exact rotors and bolt them to an Agusta wheel. Nor could one bolt an Agusta OE rotor to this wheel.
However, the wheels/rotors as a package should bolt right up to a 25mm front end running radial calipers. If currently running a 310mm rotor set up one would need some 5mm caliper spacers, but i believe the bike running radial caliper sets ups from the factory are already running the 320mm rotor.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Just a little FYI for some folks wondering. The distance between the rotors(center to center) when on the wheel is 126-127mm. The rotors are right at 5.8-5.9mm thick so if one subtracts that thickness then the distance between the inside face of the rotors would be 120-121mm. Don't know if this info confuses or helps, but there it is. Keep in mind that there is a mm or 2 sideways give due to the floating rotor.

Also, this is a narrow band rotor so the friction surface(face) of the rotors is 30mm. This may require a different brake pad. One should be utilizing new pads for these rotors anyway so it should not be an issue in finding the correct size.

Hub width(at axle) of the wheel is 142mm without spacers. The current captive spacers are 8.7mm each side. Depending on which fork one has there may be a chance one 'might' need to trim off a little to shorten the spacer. I can take care of that for you if need be.
***If getting the SBK front end this set up was on(in another thread) then no mods needed as it would be a straight bolt up and go affair.***

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is more than a simple yes or no question. These are full out SBK race rims and therefore some mounting mechanics may be required depending on the bike. There is plenty of information in the thread to help one figure this stuff out. Posted are all the dimensions of the front wheel(the one that would be the cause of a mounting issue).

For simplicity sake......if one is not currently running the radial forks on their front end then its not going to work.....unless one converts the forks at the same time, or some how finds a way to bolt up current oem rotors to these rims which have the bolt pattern for a ducati 848/1098/1198. At this point.....having someone machine rotor adapters if they could even work with the given bolt patterns.....it is becoming cost prohibitive.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is the FINAL time i will be offering the wheels/rotors. Would rather they get used then just sit around. If someone doesn't care to get a 4k+$ set of forged magnesium SBK Marchesini race rims with an set of 800 dollar Brembo HP race rotor set for merely 1k then they will find their way into a cold dark corner for the next 2-3 decades.

Buy em to race on, or buy em cause they are off Luca Scassa's FBF FX race bike. No matter how one looks at it its highly doubtful any deal such as this will ever come again.

Don't forget there is the matching front end also up for grabs super cheap only one last time. Get some rare race parts that you can still used for insanely cheap.

·
Registered
14,420 Posts
Wtf?????

do you see what the man is OFFERING??????

it's a bit North of $5k of stuff for a grand!!!!!

:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

I PAID $1,900 for my 17" Mg set and still think I stole them, they had Braketech rotors, Ti bolts and a new set of Michelins ....and he threw in a SPS carbon hugger too

I bought his RG-3s too

:drummer:

:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
do you see what the man is OFFERING??????

it's a bit North of $5k of stuff for a grand!!!!!

:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

I PAID $1,900 for my 17" Mg set and still think I stole them, they had Braketech rotors, Ti bolts and a new set of Michelins ....and he threw in a SPS carbon hugger too

I bought his RG-3s too

:drummer:

:popcorn:
No I didn't see shit, but I see this

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts