MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should be an investigative journalist ....

Maps will be with the dealers Monday week...cush drives are also being changed to enable smoother take off from a standstill, current cush drives are race spec! :drummer:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Good news then.

Will be very interested to hear the extent this changes the ride relative to the reports we have had to date.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
waiting for another review from you :) and sorry for such a noob question (maybe) what's a cush??

The cush drive is designed to reduce stress from engine torque and therefore prevent damage to other components during gear or throttle changes

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
To expand on what Tallula posted, it's usually a deformable material inside the rear wheel into which the rear sprocket assembly is fitted. (see photo)

If they are replacing the current material as she reports it'll be due to the material being to hard for street use.

"Cush" as in cushion.
Definition: Something resilient used as a rest, support, or shock absorber.

·
Registered
87 Posts
got the info the new map should smoother the engine while running at low rpm and there should be changes which force better gear changing . should get them at the 1000km inspections

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
I should be an investigative journalist ....

Maps will be with the dealers Monday week...cush drives are also being changed to enable smoother take off from a standstill, current cush drives are race spec! :drummer:
I rang MotoGB yesterday regarding the problems I am having with my F4 1000RR, they have now received the new program and computer for the F3 and were trying to install a new program into one, but were failing for some reason, they said it kept crashing.:banghead:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Good news! Thanks Tallula.

It all sounds Cushy. I changed some nuts an bolts to Titanium last night, I will do some more later and I'm at Pro-bolt Tuesday for the rest of the stuff I need, they should have a list for the F3 on their web site soon.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi i recieved email yesterday from dealer saying there was a new fuel map and clutch damping to aid low speed responce will be here mid may this was communication from varese take it thats italy. Added onto another thread yesterday coz dont know how to start new thread. But this is good news yeh!!! julie

·
Registered
3 Posts
New mapping installed

I have had my F3 for 2 weeks and have travelled about 300km. Didnt really have a problem with the original mapping except for the occasional stall when pulling off.
New mapping installed yesterday.
Will test ride today.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I have had my F3 for 2 weeks and have travelled about 300km. Didnt really have a problem with the original mapping except for the occasional stall when pulling off.
New mapping installed yesterday.
Will test ride today.
Welcome to the forum strada, lot's of peeps interested in how you get on in town etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the welcome MVBERT.
I've just come back from a 100 km quick ride around in both urban and open road conditions.
In 'Normal' mode there is a definite improvement in the way the fuelling is delivered. It feels smoother and the delivery is more progressive. I would say that this version of the mapping is 70% there.
In 'Sport' mode there appears to be no change in the fuelling delivery and there is still some spluttering and coughing below 4k rpm. Over 4k it all comes together and I don't know if it's my imagination but it feels as though there is now more torque than before. As I am still running in I haven't taken the revs over 8k yet.
According to the techie at the dealer/importer the new mapping has to "adapt" and things will apparently improve. Not sure if this is accurate information?
Anyway I will update if anything of significance happens.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Adapt my arse.

Sent from a silly little so called Smart phone.
There is a strong possibility that the latest generation of ECU has the capability to adapt. Porsche Bosch ECU's and Subaru ECU's has this capability. If you disconnect the battery it can reset the amount of advance applied to the ignition map or how lean it had gotten depending the way it has been ridden. All of this assumes 2 lambdas to allow closed loop.

A

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
There is a strong possibility that the latest generation of ECU has the capability to adapt. Porsche Bosch ECU's and Subaru ECU's has this capability. If you disconnect the battery it can reset the amount of advance applied to the ignition map or how lean it had gotten depending the way it has been ridden. All of this assumes 2 lambdas to allow closed loop.

A
Yep, a lot of modern ecu's adapt to how you ride/drive

·
Registered
814 Posts
+1 Vehicles have been coming out with adapting (or learning if you want) ECU's since early 2000's. Maybe even earlier but that's the earliest I've seen

1 - 20 of 21 Posts