MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am a new member, currently have 2 bikes (an 03 Derbi GPR50 race bike for mini roadracing and an 03 R6, and just sold a 98 Ducati 916), never owned a MV before but I am planning to buy a F4 1000 in the next couple of month, I would greatly appreciate if somebody can answer a few of my questions:

Are there changes for the 2006 MV Agusta F4 1000 comparing to the 2005 model?

The 2006 F4 1000 Senna: based on the advertised HP numbers(174) Does anyone know if it has the same engine upgrade(TSS) as the MT4 Tamburini?

How long is the warranty for F4 1000?

For the past 2 years I have used the R6 for 90% of my commute (8000 miles a year) and am planning to use the F4 to do the same, and was wondering what is the maintenance schedule and routine service cost for F4 1000? and what about their reliability?

I have been interested in both the F4 1000 and the Ducati 999R, of course I can't afford both of them, and I have not ruled out the possibility of buying a Ducati 999R yet (the high revving 150hp twin is an exciting possibility): How do MV Agusta and Ducati compare in build quality and reliability? anyone have specific experiences with both the F4 and 999?

For Southern Californian owners, how are your experiences with Pro Italia? does anyone know of any other good shop/mechanic that will service MVs in L.A. area?

Thank you all in advance for the help!

ODONATA

·
Registered
375 Posts
odonata said:
Hi,

I am a new member, currently have 2 bikes (an 03 Derbi GPR50 race bike for mini roadracing and an 03 R6, and just sold a 98 Ducati 916), never owned a MV before but I am planning to buy a F4 1000 in the next couple of month, I would greatly appreciate if somebody can answer a few of my questions:

Are there changes for the 2006 MV Agusta F4 1000 comparing to the 2005 model?
No, there are no changes between the 2005 and 2006 F4-1000.

How long is the warranty for F4 1000?
24 Months.

For the past 2 years I have used the R6 for 90% of my commute (8000 miles a year) and am planning to use the F4 to do the same, and was wondering what is the maintenance schedule and routine service cost for F4 1000? and what about their reliability?
At 600 miles you get the 1st service which includes oil/filter change, checking torque values on various nuts and bolts, a full check on all systems as well as adjustments and lubes, and a valve clearance check. Approx $600 from Pro Italia.

Change oil/filter every 3000 miles or so. Change other fluids as per the service manual.

Every 6000 miles you do another 'major' service which again includes valve clearance check, etc. Again approx $600 from Pro Italia.

I have been interested in both the F4 1000 and the Ducati 999R, of course I can't afford both of them, and I have not ruled out the possibility of buying a Ducati 999R yet (the high revving 150hp twin is an exciting possibility): How do MV Agusta and Ducati compare in build quality and reliability? anyone have specific experiences with both the F4 and 999?
Reliability on the MV is very good and I would even say better than the Duc's in most cases. In the event you need normal parts they are available. If you need parts that are normally not needed you may experience a long wait however this is the same scenario as the Ducati.

I find that riding the 999 series in daily traffic is hard. The high strung V-Twin is meant for the track where it really shines.

For Southern Californian owners, how are your experiences with Pro Italia? does anyone know of any other good shop/mechanic that will service MVs in L.A. area?
I have been very pleased with Pro-Italia. As for other MV places in the LA area, there are none that I know of since the MV dealer in Orange Country carrying and servicing MV's. San Diego is the next closest dealer/service center.

·
Registered
438 Posts
look what i found! glad you did go through with the senna after all!

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
holy crap! throw-back! LOL!

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Wow! I was reading things thinking it was a type of joke and then i noticed it was from a long time ago! Nice find, jskip :)

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
yeah, funny... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

and 3,994 posts later... and I still remember the anticipation and daydreams of one day having a MV, gotta say I even enjoyed that part of it...

It's gotta be love... :heart: :heart:

·
Registered
438 Posts
MV-999R said:
You should have got the 999R :toothless :laughing: :laughing:
but if he got the 999R, then ducati.ms would have the ninja cellist as a celebrity.........not us!

ben's home is here. :f4:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts