1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17,189 Posts

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
R-Daddy,
Wholly [email protected]! That thing is HUGE! How did it ride? The shear size of it makes it look cool. If I got one, I would have to dress up as Judge Dread.

The Rune was one of those occasional Honda statements....."Here's what we can do....." that made no sense. Essentially a Goldwing mechanically, the Rune was a two year statement on Honda's part of their engineering and design creativity.

It was a single seat bike that listed for $25k in 2004. I bought mine new for $17k late in 2004, and kept it for a couple of years. The bike had two factory options, chrome wheels, and pull back handlebars. Mine had both. It was available in three colors, black, maroon, and dark blue.

The dealers couldn't give them away for a number of reasons.....price and outrageous styling being the primary objections. New Runes, with zero miles still occasionally pop up on ebay, selling for high teens or low twenties. Low mileage used ones sell for mid to high teens now. (yep, I'm thinking of re-acquiring one....)

Mine ran like a freight train. Build quality was absolutely the best. Paint was perfect, attention to detail was perfect as well.

The bike weighed north of 800lbs., and even with a very low seat height, you had to be cautious at a stop light. Tons of immediate torque, and surprising acceleration for such a huge bike.

Finally, you better not be a wall flower if you ride a Rune. This bike drew more attention than Lee naked on his Tambo. I sold it to buy a Ducati, since sold as well. Dumb ass me.

·
Super Moderator
22,312 Posts
I rode a friend's Rune...the only thing that was difficult was negotiating right turns...that pipe hit awfully early.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Do they have reverse gear on that?

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Do they have reverse gear on that?
No, but there were times I would have liked it. Seat height is very low at 25 inches or so, so you can walk it back fairly easily on level ground.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I bet it has a larger turning circle than the Titanic!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts