MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone attempted to put a manual fan switch on there mv, To control the radiator fan and the oil cooler fan manualy, if so pictures and directions please. :wave:

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
i was working on something similar, but it got a little too complex for my liking. i was looking at making a timer unit, that would run the fan after the bike was shut down for X (user settable) seconds.

in the interest of making it simple (KISS method), i've concluded that the fan blade material needs to be changed. i have a very preliminary CAD drawing (solidworks) of the fan blade, but need to spend some more time on it.

the next question i had is what material to make it out of? needs to be very light, but VERY heat resistant. the project is in progress, but moving slowly at the moment.

btw, on your senna you can just switch the key to the first position and let the fan run. the nice thing about the new ECU (5SM) is that the headlight is off until the motor turns over.

on bikes with the IAW-16M ECU, the headlight comes on right away, so you have to be careful not to keep the fan on too long, since you'll drain the battery. the fans and the headlight together draw a healthy current.

alex

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to put a manual switch to control both fans, but not shore if the ecu is connected.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
We have discussd this before a while ago, but it would be good to have the fan/s running on after the ignition has been switched off, either for a set number of minutes as Alex, was looking at or thermostatically controlled, but then you would need the water pump running too in order to circulate the coolant and dissipate the heat build up in the engine. :blah:

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
John - agreed - if the idea is to cool the motor down after a hard run.

However, my primary goal for the fan timer was to save the fan blade from melting.

john said:
We have discussd this before a while ago, but it would be good to have the fan/s running on after the ignition has been switched off, either for a set number of minutes as Alex, was looking at or thermostatically controlled, but then you would need the water pump running too in order to circulate the coolant and dissipate the heat build up in the engine. :blah:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want to know a way to connect a switch to turn both fans on manualy while the bike is moving or sitting in traffic anyone have anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts