MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start doing my own syncing and TPS reset (sounds like I'll also need software for that ). What manometer should I buy?

Seems too easy to sync the bodies on my 1090 with easy access to the vacuum lines. At the least even without the software I could sync them and deal with the TPS reset later, no?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Administrator
18,852 Posts
For economy, the Motion Pro is a good synch tool....I have one and find it satisfactory. If you have the coins go for a digital one like the Vaccumate.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
What manometer should I buy?
No need KC......as David said, being the owner of a Brutale, you already own the best Man O Meter available. (our F4 brethren won't understand)

·
Registered
233 Posts
I use a bank of calibrated vacuum gauges to get everything roughly in synch and then use a water manometer for final adjustments. The water tube manometer is extremely sensitive and allows very precise calibration. Also, quite cheap to buy. I use one with a 30" scale.

Eric

·
Administrator
18,852 Posts
I have this one...replaced my 40 year old mercury sticks (can't get mercury anymore and the hoses had rotted). It works very well, but must be recalibrated for each use, as you can seal it up to prevent fluid loss when not in use. Calibration is pretty simple. I like it.

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0411/

·
Registered
14,210 Posts

·
Administrator
18,852 Posts
you needed mercury? should have asked me :drummer:
The old thing was ready to retire anyway....all the surgical rubber tubes were rotten, the glass tubes stained....hell, I got my money's worth out of it over the years. First purchased in 1973...Yamaha special tools. All the adapters for different carb spigots will stay in use....

Plus I got a deal on the MotionPro replacement, and I can lay it flat for transport or storage (couldn't do that with the old mercury tool).

But thanks for the offer...:smoking:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts