MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before the ride really even started Alvin (the Admin himself) lowsided on his Brutale..........:bawling:

That pretty much ended his day and was able to ride home with one of us following, just in case.
The section of the shift lever with the rubber piece snapped off, so we removed the one from the foot brake lever and installed it on the shift lever :smoking:

All in all it happened in "good" spot to crash with cosmetic damage to the bike. I just talked to him and he feels fine, not a scratch, just needs to start thinking of repairing the Brutale. We took some pics, so I'm sure he'll post them later.

I think I jinxed him because I told him earlier in the week to not take the Ago because he wouldn't want to dump it when he's thinking of selling it, sorry Alvin! :bash:

Let me know if you need any help getting the Brutale back to new. Good chance to upgrade some parts!! :koolaid:

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Damn, hope your OK Alvin!

I bet there's a itching feeling in the back of the brain; what the h*ck went wrong? Well, what was it really?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Glad to hear your ok.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Greasy Norcal roads.....

·
Administrator
20,004 Posts
I feel your pain, Alvin....been there and done that. Hurts the ego, even if the body is unscathed.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Glad you're not hurt, Alvin. Dings 'n scratches are just souvenirs and memories .... :)

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Glad you are OK. Sorry about the bike.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Very sorry to hear about your bike going down. Very glad to hear you are O.K. Alvin.
Dave.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Thanks everyone. It was the start of the fun stuff on a road I know..very very well. We'd been parked at the gas station for some time on the cold morning so cold tires + picking up the pace meant going down. Well aware of the beginning of the season and cold tires I didn't push myself..didn't even think I was doing enough leaning to get the adrenaline flowing..just going up on our casual ride to breakfast. Next thing you know, you're sliding on the pavement after going into the turn just over the speed limit ~40mph or whatever. Tucked the front and that was the end of that :banghead:

As mentioned, probably a good place to fall if anywhere. No guardrails on this section ..just a bunch of dirt and leaves on the side which the brutale came to a rest at. I got right up and wasn't feeling any pain anywhere, fingers were all there, etc. I was wearing Alpinestars cargo pants, boots, armor under the pants, and the usual leathers on top. I can say that the armor definitely helped. The cargo pants ground all the way through to the armor. I know i went down on the front of my leg but then found myself sliding on my back. Brunt of the sliding was on the front of my leg and the rest of the pants on the back looked OK with some small abrasions.

Sliders to protect the frame are a MUST. Did its job, no scratches on the frame. I have motovation front axle sliders which also protected the forks so theres no scratch there.

My cluch lever didn't break, just scratched the tips. I cracked the rear left red tail fariing. I did feel numbness in my right hand for a little bit..didn't know how it happened and then i looked at my bike. The right mirror (the bike came down on the left side) was missing and broke at the base..i think during the fall my hand slammed the mirror but my hand is fine so its OK. Also some odd things is the front of the brutale (clock housing) took some damage. I need a new bracket which holds that housing surround, a new steering stop, new red tail fairing tho i actually have a CF set sitting on my shelf. I have an extra set of mirrors..so all in all OK. Hated how the dirt put in some surface scratches on the black tank..but it came out doing OK. Attached a photo of how the bracket went straight through the CF clock surround!

Thanks again to all the people on the ride.. and thanks to Andy for making sure I made it back OK. I felt OK riding it back home... didn't have too many jitters.. :cry:

Attachments

·
Registered
917 Posts
Sorry to hear about the bike, glad you're o.k. Last year I also low-sided mine , also b/c of cold tires. Another reason I switched to a more street oriented tire. The ego bruising is interesting to deal with...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts