MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the second set of skins just arrived from the paint shop. I call it the MambAgo version :king: . See my album for the pictures. I also took picture from the same angles to show before and after :conveyer:
http://mvagusta.net/gallery/kamranmarashi
I know for those of you purists, this may appear criminal... but I am just having fun! :cool:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I"ll offer up what I'd like to see.. a carbon front gaurd and/or a black seat or as darthmvader suggested a black tail with some black on the bottom of the fairing.

Wouldn't mind seeing it with the silver rims either...might be just what it needs to break up the red a bit more.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gosh darn!... now I've gotta run out there and make all these changes you all came up with............and quickly too? :guitarist

....nah! It's my bike and I love it the way I made it... It only needs to please me...! After all I'm the one that sleeps with it :humpother

Thanks Darth and Velo for the complements. :king:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I want to congratulate you on being bold and doing what most would not do (bloody conformists!...me included!)
Not the issue if we like it as you rightly put, but I personnaly think its bloody marvelous, and the test for me would be...

Would it turn my head...Yes!
Would I stop and check it out if it were parked up somewhere...Yes!
Has it been created in a professional way with great attention to detail...Yes!
Is it unique...Yes!

Great job! :)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks agusta1, I appreciate your understanding. It takes a lot of calories to jump right in and try out something new without knowing what the results may be like. On a daily basis, I work with people whom for the lack of productivity, find it easier to shoot others and their efforts down. Art is subjective not objective, and we all need to have a little bit of creativity in us for progress. Otherwise the world comes to a hault :blah:

3x7, yes those are sliders. You can get them from Pirates.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
i like it. it's got a real race-replica feel to it.

i have a suggestion - maybe you could add some black accents to the front and rear wheels, like mabye the insides of the spokes, or a band around the perimeter of the wheel, or something like that. the black will visually unify both ends of the bike, giving it a more complete feel.

just a suggestion, but great work. i like it.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
it really looks like a race bike with the red rims and stuff. i'd like to see what it would like with a black seat and....well, here's what it would look like. again, not that you have to give a crap. i just love seeing different ideas.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
now there's someone who knows how to use photochop!

i like it with the black seat as well. looks really sharp.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Kind of looks like the Section 8 paint scheme :rolleyes:

And i'm really digging Alka's F4 Monica Belucci version :toothless :toothless

I would paint mine like that if she....... :naughty: :naughty: :king:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeh... I think an accent in the wheels (either black and/or silver) would complement and look good while breaking up all the red. ButI've got to keep in mind that the bike has to remain versatile between the two sets of skin (with the silver/Ago replica fairings too). Afterall this is only my black tie suit!!! So I'll be changing from skin to skin for the fun of it; and I don't think (IMO) the black wheels and/or silver wheels would go as well with the AGO silver skin.

One thing though, if you see the red in person... it's a hot, wet red!!! It's unlikely to not like the way this red looks in person (the pictures hardly do it justice). My first impression when I first saw it was: "could I have some chocolate and whip cream to go with it!!!" :king:

Now if, for the sake of experimenting, someone would like to donate a set of silver/black wheels, I'd be more than happy to give it a try! :later:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
MV-999R said:
And i'm really digging Alka's F4 Monica Belucci version :toothless :toothless

I would paint mine like that if she....... :naughty: :naughty: :king:
.... you need to keep your pants on... we know where your mind is???? :humpother :naughty: :moon: :love:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Just curious. Do you have frame sliders? My F4-1000 slid down the road on its side at 50 mph and there was not a scratch on the front axle where your sliders are. Dont think it would help any. Definitely put some on the frame if you want to save the bike. :blush:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Triple Seven said:
Just curious. Do you have frame sliders? My F4-1000 slid down the road on its side at 50 mph and there was not a scratch on the front axle where your sliders are. Dont think it would help any. Definitely put some on the frame if you want to save the bike. :blush:
I've actually purchased the lower-frame slider sets from Pirate. But haven't installed them yet. I also have the rear axle slider that I took off to put the bike on the rear stand.

I have always had mixed feelings about the frame sliders on the trellis frames, but I decided to break down and get the lower sliders. Frame sliders could cause a high side if they dig into the dirt, or catch a curb. They can also bend the tubing on the frame if impacted in some situations.

Did you have the frame sliders when you low-sided? Did you check the frame at the sliders?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts