MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'd like to make a run up to the rock store on saturday. not sure when i'll go, but my preference is for the moring. i'm thinking of latigo canyon rd - that's my favorite.

anyone interesting in coming along?

·
Registered
735 Posts
yes i'm game. my new jacket (full perf) just came in, so I can ride now (but might be chilly)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hmm Never rode up to the rock store before, actually all my street riding has been south rather then north, might be interesting ride..

Iam gonna go to the crystal cove gathering on sat morning thou for sure.. if anyone here is going let me know.. :conveyer:

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the rock store is pretty cool. my preferred hangout in the winter months. latigo canyon is like 14 miles of some of the twistiest road in so cal. it's mostly 2nd gear. think the really tight turns of the streets of willow (2,3,4,5).

and it's a good mix of people - one of the few places were the cruiser crowd mixes with the sportbike crowd.

then there is the celebrity factor. jay leno is a regular. i've seen mat leblanc several times. der governator stops by, but that's very rare now.

payman - forget that parking and talk crap. we did that last night. use the damn bike for it's true purpose - riding! come up to the rock store.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Saturday is also Pro Italia's "SideWalk Sale"... Maybe we can meet up there and then head to PCH and then through Latigo to the Rock Store.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that's a great idea.
i need to get a key blank for the mv, so i planed to stop there on saturday anyway.

don't ask why i need it...

they open at 9am. let's meet there then. we can check out what's going on, then head off to the rock store...

i need to be back in irvine by 1pm, so that should work for me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You guys should stop by on Sat morning... Not only are we having our garage sale, but we're going to have the qualify round for MotoGP on!!!!

Come one come all!!!

Looking forward to meeting everyone.....

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SamsonNg said:
You guys should stop by on Sat morning... Not only are we having our garage sale, but we're going to have the qualify round for MotoGP on!!!!

Come one come all!!!

Looking forward to meeting everyone.....
oh that's just great. with the racing on tv, how am i going to get out of there, go for a ride, and be back in the o.c. by 1pm?

looks like i'm going to be late!! LOL.

alex

·
Registered
735 Posts
craw we can meet up locally before heading to PI. Maybe you know a better way but it took me 1:30 in my cage on a saturday morning taking 5 :cussing:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mika said:
craw we can meet up locally before heading to PI. Maybe you know a better way but it took me 1:30 in my cage on a saturday morning taking 5 :cussing:
Well I havent been to pro italia so I cant really say for sure..
but hey I can maps.google.com it hahaha

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the 5 is the best way from south oc to glendale.

at 8am it shouldn't be too bad. i've never really had trouble at that time. it get's a LOT worse as the day goes on.

here's my route:
5 N
2 N
exit - verdugo - turn left.
pro italia is about 1 mile from the freeway exit.

alex

·
Registered
379 Posts
!

altoon.....!

1/Hang out at ProItalia with Jake and Samson. Both good guys!

2/Watch MotoGp Qualifying.

3/Spend too much money on stuff, the price of which we'll have to hide from our women/partners.

4/ Forget about Latigo! Hit the Crest...! Newcomb Ranch wants you there! 85degree's Thursday! Gotta love California Man!!

5/ Jake and Samson can supply directions!

Good day out!

Best wishes,

KH

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
You know, with that huge crowd shopping at Pro Italia... its only a little bit from everyone to get an MV. Just a thought! :laughing:

Sounds like a blast, take some pictures for the rest of us

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
F4 first! I was considering before to get a brutale and then next year getting the F4 (additionally...?) in case I can't get the F4 by the end of the season. Just a bit tough for me to get either in full right now, but the season has just begun!

Eventually I definately want both as a treat for myself while I'm young ;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Iam so on close to justifying to myself on getting a brutale too.. believe me I keep talking myself out of it, and then I see a pic of one and its :love: allover again... seriously the F4 and the Brutale are two most beautiful bikes out there.. that and my R1 the sexiest of japanese bikes hands down..

1 - 20 of 48 Posts