MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way back from a ride today I had a few issues.

As I was riding the bike's rev's decided to hang at around 6000 RPM, I could rev it more but she would not drop revs below 6000. She's done this before some months ago when I took her in to Peter Stevens for it to be checked out and they couldn't find anything wrong.

Anyway, I put her into neutral, pulled over switched her on and started again and took off. Soon after she went in to safe mode and the amber warning light started flashing and the screen displayed a message " malfunction 164"

Again, I pulled over switched off and restarted, then a little bit later limp mode again + amber light. The malfunction error this time was 197.

I finally got home but very annoyed. The bike has only done 1100km's and is about 3 months out of warranty.

Does anyone know what these error messages are?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just took her for a ride again, and limp mode happened again.

Another error message I noted was: STOP ENG GAS POSITION

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Do a search through the f3 section, you will find a lot of discussion re this type of behaviour. You could be dealing with an untrained idiot tech who doesn't have access to the diagnostic tools too. Std tech response, couldn't find anything wrong...
Replacement throttle assembly/battery/ecu/loom seems to be the most common remedies.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
amgsI55,

I suspect you have a throttle tube assembly going faulty, thankfully not a hugely expensive part. Don't be tempted to buy a used one off ebay or the like. Go to an MV dealer and order up a Rivale throttle assembly, these do fit the F3, B3, F4 ect and are a new and more robust construction ride by wire twistgrip. Had one fitted to my B3, cured my dead throttle limp mode issue.

jimboF4

·
Registered
249 Posts
As Jimbo said i think it's your throttle that's at fault. I had the same error message come up on my F3 800 and it would go into limp mode.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She's booked in to get looked at but they can't do it till the 12th November.

Unfortunately there's some nice riding weekends before then that I'll be missing out on :(

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just a tip, trace the wiring from the throttle to the first plug you come to and pull it apart, make sure it is dry etc. give it a spray if you have some and make sure it plugs back together ok.
I had this on my Brutale B3, reseated the plug and all was good.
On the B3 the plug is under the right hand air intake on the tank.
Hope this is usefull.

:brutale:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts