MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys -

I am new to the forum as i recently purchased the bike I have been dreaming since 16 (when i used to roll around in a Cagiva Mito) .. MV Agustra Brutale 1090R

I currently have a stock exhaust and due to lack of funds i cannot (yet) put on a nice aftermarket one .. still, I'd like to make the bike a little louder for the benefit of all the bystanders and myself .. :thewife:

Any insights on if and how you can remove the dbkiller from the stock exhaust or other small adjustments that can improve the roar of my MV??

All help appreciated!!!

:brutale:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey there! Congrats on the new bike! I just got a 1090R myself and have been pondering this very issue.

evolutionbike has MV Agusta Corse Inox slip-ons that look just like stock ones with a removable db killer, but they are 290E + shipping (on sale right now).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Rustyr -

The mv corse slip-ons are sweet and the price is better than usual .. still trying to see if there is a 'do-it-yourself' way to increase the sounds and virtually spend no money in components.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The sound deadening baffles in the original pipe are all welded in position.

To remove them means cutting open the muffler and then grinding the insides out. Are you really saying you'd prefer this over buying a replacement part.

One of the things you'll come to realise with owning an MV is that ownership brings bills and it's not a cheap bike to have. If you want cheap big bike thrills, get a Suzuki or a Yamaha.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Remove the air box restrictors; cost = 0

Removing the CAT adds just enough noise. Too much exhaust noise on an MV is not the way seeing as the induction noise is what makes the bike sound so distinct from others.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Dont mean to hijack the thread, but whats the airbox mod?

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
Cheaper?

One of the things you'll come to realise with owning an MV is that ownership brings bills and it's not a cheap bike to have.
19,000 miles on a '08 910R......:drummer:

1 low beam bulb, thats it!
nothing has fallen off or broken either
valve cover leaks ~2 drops PER month
no battery tender either

·
Registered
606 Posts
The effective inner diameter of the snorkels is only 37 mm or 1 1/2 ". That is near to nothing :eek: .

But they built in 4 butterflies with 48 mm each :confused: :confused: .

With the snorkels removed that engine sounds really really angry :naughty:. Need ear plugs on longer rides ;) .

Attachments

·
Registered
606 Posts
I know, but that is the "old" airbox, pre 2010. The newer airbox is much more restricted with even smaller snorkels. I guess because of the hard noise emission regulations in Europe. The EC laws really drive us crazy........

I'll have mine dynoed in a few weeks and adjusted via Alientech (full access to fuel and ignition maps, no module).

·
Registered
465 Posts
But it sounds like I am going faster.

Next time I race in moto gp I will ensure that I put them back in to get that extra 2.5 hp.
Where you put your snorkels is your business . Some might like to know that they might be hurting the overall efficiency of their bikes. Some might care more about looks and sounds. Personlly, i accepted the fact that i know far less than the highly educated engineers whom build these wonderful machines .

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hmmmmmmmm,

Castiglione jr. told in an interview (presenting the new B3 800) that the whole R&D department of MV consists of 27 people. Only half of them are technicians - what is not the same as an engineer ;) .

So these 13 - 14 technicians are limited to their time, budget and (what is most important for me) legislation on emissions: noise and burnt gas....

What happens, if they pass the worldwide emission legislation? They pop corks of champaign! If the engine then runs somewhat "good" they go on vacation together and never touch it again ;) . The Italian way :smoking:.

Or just ask theknurl about their work on fuel maps :naughty: .

1 - 20 of 22 Posts