MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's been a rush of interviews and articles following the Brutale 800RR press junket last month but I think Asphalt & Rubber seem to have got the most meat and the least puffery. Their interview with Giovanni Castilgioni is here https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/podcast/motr-podcast-episode-3/#more-149701

In particular they have an 'exclusive' regarding a forthcoming major, 'exciting' technology' announcement for the Turismo Veloce, apparently just months away. Anyone know what this might be?

I'm guessing more sophisticated semi-independent suspension (hopefully for the rear now as well as the front) and possibly a super-sophisticated clutch and gear configuration????? Or what else could it be?????? :popcorn:

·
Registered
866 Posts
There's been a rush of interviews and articles following the Brutale 800RR press junket last month but I think Asphalt & Rubber seem to have got the most meat and the least puffery. Their interview with Giovanni Castilgioni is here https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/podcast/motr-podcast-episode-3/#more-149701

In particular they have an 'exclusive' regarding a forthcoming major, 'exciting' technology' announcement for the Turismo Veloce, apparently just months away. Anyone know what this might be?

I'm guessing more sophisticated semi-independent suspension (hopefully for the rear now as well as the front) and possibly a super-sophisticated clutch and gear configuration????? Or what else could it be?????? :popcorn:

I don't remember where, but I've read about a in progress test about a DCT version of the Turismo Veloce… Not sure it is really what MV Agusta customer is waiting for, but who knows?

·
Registered
449 Posts
I don't remember where, but I've read about a in progress test about a DCT version of the Turismo Veloce… Not sure it is really what MV Agusta customer is waiting for, but who knows?
I would have bought a 2018 Honda NC750X DCT if it had more power, less weight, better suspension components and had a shorter wheelbase.

So for me a DTC Turismo Veloce would be interesting.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I somehow cannot open the website link. Tells me im timed out -_- while every other page I open is there within half a second. Cant explain that.

If someone can post a picture of the article. That would be great.

·
Registered
866 Posts

Slightly more interesting in a way… And by the way, slightly surprised no one implemented that on production bike already: I have a friend disabled (his right arm is not usable) riding bikes. He got a rekluse clutch for his bike a bit more than 8 years ago. Basically, he do not need the clutch to start from speed 0, and he can still use the shifter to change gear… We'll see…

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just hoping that the new model will not require me to carry a step ladder for my dear pillion to get on it!
The seat height is the show stopper for me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just hoping that the new model will not require me to carry a step ladder for my dear pillion to get on it!
The seat height is the show stopper for me.
There is a factory seat lowering kit if you can find one...

·
Registered
866 Posts
OK so it's a semi-auto clutch https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/mv-agusta-smart-clutch-system-rekluse/

Seems like it'll be rolled out to sports and naked models too...
Much more interesting than a DCT. On a Honda Africa Twin, the DCT cost is about 10-12 kg. Here it is likely to be similar weight as the non SCS Turismo (no difference on the specification sheet between the TVL and the SCS version). Additional cost is about 700€ for the SCS version. And in any case, it looks to be more in phase with whoever can expect from a MV Agusta in terms of riding pleasure...

Looking forward for the ride impressions from the press. First bits I found here and there looks very interesting. It might be even possible to retrofit the new clutch on standard Turismo… Curious to see how it turns...

·
Registered
866 Posts
There is another difference as well, which is the parking brake. However, both clutch and parking brake seem to be easily mountable on after market... What about ECU programmation?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 20 Posts