MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 3 weeks into my new 1000r an it dawned on me today that the dealer told me he sold me the bike with a full tank of gas . I remember seeing the gas light turn on before an filling it up last week , going ,"that dude didnt fill this bike , an this morn the light was on agian . I looked an saw that I had put in 4 gallons in this morn . The kicker is that i just broke 230 miles , an by my math have burned atleast 12 gallons of fuel . I am all so a firm believer in a proper brake in , an my manuel is pretty clear no revs over 6000 rpm for 300 miles . So to sum up Ive burnt 12 gallons of fuel in 230 miles at low rpms . Simple math shows about 18 miles a gallon at low rpms . I see no leaks an no carbon build up on pipes to show its to rich . If the bike is not running rich , majorly rich , at high rpms im lookin at a projected 8 miles a gallon ????? there has to be something wrong . right ????

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
you ought to be getting between 25 and 30 mpg with that kind of riding.
no one knows where all the gas goes in these MVs... or Ducatis, for that matter
yes.... they ALL seem to run RICH from the factory... but, not rich enough to justify 10 mpg LESS than other bike with similiar power and weight (i'll never understand why my 180 pound HEAVIER BMW with 10 MORE RWHP... gets 15 more MPG..... makes NO sense)

the only way to know for sure what is going on is.... to have the bike DYNO'd.... if you can

if you don't smell raw gas.... (and all my friends always joke that the bike MUST be SPITTING IT OUT THE REAR END WHILE I'M RIDING)... then, it isn't leaking

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
358 Posts
I got the F4 1000 S and I measured early break-in mileage at 32+ mpg for the first couple of tanks. Now that it's broken in I'm getting right at 30 mpg. I got the RG3 pipes and EPROM when I bought the bike, so not sure how much that affects the mileage.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Hi Logos1111 that sounds a bit heavy, my evo3 750 F4 was running 18mpg with normal/hard use, and really smelt of unburnt fuel everytime i used it, i have since had the CO tweaked and now getting 25/27 mpg on normal runs out. I would say you MV needs setting up correctly, I would take it back to your dealer and ask for them to check it out. Good luck, thats gonna get expensive otherwise!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Yes your right Greg, mind you here in England thats on 5 miles away, so a couple of trips to town before a fill up tehe! :laughing:

·
Registered
822 Posts
I got less than 20mpg gallon during the first 400 miles of my 901R. The same has been of every new motorycycle I have ever owned, the usually drink fuel for the first few hundred miles.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah the closest dealer to me is in miami 2 hours south so i sappose thats not that bad but i bought the bike in atlanta ga. 800 miles north of me . maybee ill just deal with it till i get the new pipes an ignition box . Ill drop the dealer a line though to let him know its might be acting odd , these things do have warranties . Im in so much love with the bike that i dont wanna be in denial that there is something wrong with it , so i figured id ask around . Got any good shops in Cleawater u use Gregg?

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks Gregg i got a lead on a guy in Ft lauderdale. His shop is called Moto Corse Performance . CLAIMS TO SPECIALIZE IN DUCATI BIMOTA LAVERDA APRILIA MOTO GUZZI AN AGUSTA . 954 608 0350 Christopher Boy owner / mechanic . Ill bounce it off of hi too . I gotta imagine very little truth is known about my 2007 bike . I wouldnt wanna dance in speculation too much .

·
Registered
156 Posts
logos1111 said:
I am 3 weeks into my new 1000r an it dawned on me today that the dealer told me he sold me the bike with a full tank of gas . I remember seeing the gas light turn on before an filling it up last week , going ,"that dude didnt fill this bike , an this morn the light was on agian . I looked an saw that I had put in 4 gallons in this morn . The kicker is that i just broke 230 miles , an by my math have burned atleast 12 gallons of fuel . I am all so a firm believer in a proper brake in , an my manuel is pretty clear no revs over 6000 rpm for 300 miles . So to sum up Ive burnt 12 gallons of fuel in 230 miles at low rpms . Simple math shows about 18 miles a gallon at low rpms . I see no leaks an no carbon build up on pipes to show its to rich . If the bike is not running rich , majorly rich , at high rpms im lookin at a projected 8 miles a gallon ????? there has to be something wrong . right ????
i used to own a tuned rg500 that was better on fuel than my f41000r the thing drinks fuel for fun :koolaid:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks Gregg i also found a shop in Ft lauderdale . MOTO CORSE PERFORMANCE . He claims to specialize in ducati bimoto laverda aprillia moto guzzi aguata. ill drop him a line . When u think about it my bike is a 07 an there is very little info about it out there . i dont wanna dance with someone who is just speculating an holds no real truth on the bike , so u get stuck being the ginnie pig for his r an d session on ur bike .

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
logos1111 said:
thanks Gregg i got a lead on a guy in Ft lauderdale. His shop is called Moto Corse Performance . CLAIMS TO SPECIALIZE IN DUCATI BIMOTA LAVERDA APRILIA MOTO GUZZI AN AGUSTA . 954 608 0350 Christopher Boy owner / mechanic . Ill bounce it off of hi too . I gotta imagine very little truth is known about my 2007 bike . I wouldnt wanna dance in speculation too much .
well...
that guy sounds fine
but.... ft. lauderdale...
i'd check that price first
i would bet that he'll charge TWICE what other folks will, with those "QUOTED QUALIFICATIONS" if you know what i mean :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah i hear u . the bike runs so smooth an there is no carbon in the exaughst tips so its gotta be ok . thanks for the info

1 - 15 of 15 Posts