MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what is going on but something is causing the part #19 in the diagram to get super hot and almost melt. I know nothing about electrical. Can someone please help! The bike starts, runs, revs beautifully. Lights work, fans come on etc. but within 3 minutes that part gets so hot I cant touch it. When the fans came on all of the lights on the dash flickered and it looked like it was struggling. Anyone had this before?

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you have had the battery out or disconnected recently check that you have both earth wires connected-don`t ask me how I know !

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
In the MV manual that part is ( to the best of my interpretation ) listed as CPU safety and has diodes in there.

I have looked at a 750 harness I have here and interestingly the end part has a melt in exactly the same position as yours is melted.

This part needs to be tested for the diode function. It is labelled part 5 in the workshop manual diagram

It is part of the starter circuit and protects the current direction for the neutral switch/side stand switch/ clutch switch.

I'm at work at moment so have only had a quick look at it but I think that is where we are with it.

There is a very nIce flow diagram in the workshop manual.

joe

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
UPDATE.

I AM THE DUMBEST MAN IN NATO, POSSIBLY THE WORLD.
Didn't see that lil extra ground wire sneaking around the side of the battery...fuck sakes...
Everything seems to be peachy with no damage done. Hopefully. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
UPDATE.

Didn't see that lil extra ground wire sneaking around the side of the battery...fuck sakes...
Everything seems to be peachy with no damage done. Hopefully. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Italian electrics !!

·
Registered
53 Posts
UPDATE.

Not dumb at all- you sorted it didn't you...like myself,just a bit too enthusiastic:thewife::thewife: and I've got old mans eyes!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts