MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my 2010 f4 had a mojor failure on the weekend... i'm in australia (WA) and am now having major issues with the dealer not wanting to fix it under warranty.... spoke to MV Australia and it is definatly covered under warranty, but the dealer wants me to send the bike 4000km's across the country to where i bought the bike to have it fixed.... and thats just crazy

i have tryed and tryed with the dealer, but he wont do it... so i've now got little choise but to go up the chain untill some one will help

i know MV Agusta will want to fix the problem as they have done so for other forum members before....

does anyone know how i can get in touch with the right people in MV to get my problem in Australia sorted, as i'm pritty sure MV will not be happy with the lack of service from one of there own dealers

any help would be great.... i want to do this the right way

Thank U MV Australia, They have now resolved the issue, and all parts damaged will be fixed... Cant thank MV enough for how quickly they have worked to fix this.... very impressive service

·
Administrator
20,750 Posts
I believe, if it is anything like the USA, their dealer agreement (franchise) requires them to do warranty repairs on a vehicle under factory warranty, regardless of where it was purchased.

Contact a lawyer and have them send a "nice" letter to the dealer and MV in OZ explaining your intent to have it repaired.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles and i do hope you manage to get it sorted, thats a poor show from your dealer. Out of curiosity what was your major fault with your MV?

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I'm not sure I'd want anyone to work on my bike that was that adverse to doing it.
Concur. Id probably still ship it just to make sure its done right but I would go ahead and let MV know and notify your local govt and maybe press. At least here in the US there could be legal ramifications for that at the state level.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the imput, and the PM's... I'm not sure what this dealer is trying to do, and i agree i dont really want him working on the bike after this...

i will keep this thread updated with what is going on, i do really hope MV sort this out quickly

The major failure was the engine, at just 8000km's after buying it new at the start of the year.... and by major i mean piston and conrods on the road, i was exstremely lucky to have walked away from this.
I would really like to see MV step up to the plate with this, as from what i can see, a bolt has clearly come loose on the conrod which has then caused both to snap... i can tell it was loose because one bolt is snaped but still tight the other is hanging on by a few threads.... i was somehow able to stay on the bike even with the rear doing what ever it liked as it was covered in oil, which then exploded into flames

i was exstremely lucky, but as this was an engine failure insurance wont cover the bike, which insurance wise would clearly be a write off

very very sad day, the only positive is that i walked away.... now i am praying that MV fix this

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
That stinks and the dealer should have their MV dealership removed from them, I'm surprised MV Australia have not put pressure on them to make the repair?
When I bought my Brutale I shopped around a little but the deal was no better elsewhere and I would prefer to go local if possible even if it is slightly more expensive, but my dealer told me he would have no issue servicing or performing warranty work on a bike that he hadn't sold, he admitted he would giver preference to his customers, which is fair enough, but certainly wouldn't turn me away.

·
Registered
926 Posts
That is terrible and i have read a few reports of this on the forum, it makes me think the torque wrench needs calibrating??!!, good luck with getting it sorted and pleased your ok.
May sound a bit gruesome but have you got any pictures? Did you get any warning before it happened (extra noisey or rattling?)
Any MV dealer should take this on regardless as MV will be stumping up for the bill, its good business sense if they are more local, servicing and maintenance is always a possiblity in the future....silly buggers i can see they will be never getting your business again.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Concur. Id probably still ship it just to make sure its done right but I would go ahead and let MV know and notify your local govt and maybe press. At least here in the US there could be legal ramifications for that at the state level.
I have to agree with Ryan on this. If they don't "want" to fix the bike you probably should take the hint. At best you will get a sloppy job back. Probably worse if they are feeling spiteful.

Just take your business elsewhere. If they do this to enough customers eventually they will have troubles keeping the lights on from a lack of revenue.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Very sorry to hear about your engine problem: sad commentary on MV's quality control since there have been several other examples of this conrod problem.

I don't see what your local dealer is having a issue with. Obviously the engine failed in a major way and needs replacing with a new motor. Installation is pretty straightforward. I wouldn't even attempt to rebuild the damaged engine.

Hope you get things straightened out and are out riding again soon.

Eric

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
From a few people who I know have had similar type of things happen to them outside of warranty, MV (italy) have been exceptional at helping people out of these situations...Good Luck :)

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
my 2010 f4 had a mojor failure on the weekend... i'm in australia (WA) and am now having major issues with the dealer not wanting to fix it under warranty.... spoke to MV Australia and it is definatly covered under warranty, but the dealer wants me to send the bike 4000km's across the country to where i bought the bike to have it fixed.... and thats just crazy

i have tryed and tryed with the dealer, but he wont do it... so i've now got little choise but to go up the chain untill some one will help

i know MV Agusta will want to fix the problem as they have done so for other forum members before....

does anyone know how i can get in touch with the right people in MV to get my problem in Australia sorted, as i'm pritty sure MV will not be happy with the lack of service from one of there own dealers

any help would be great.... i want to do this the right way
I know he won't be very happy with me giving out his e mail on a forum,, but he's the top person that is in charge of warranty claims at the MV factory, Luciano Pin Tech service manager. You could try him, some times, only some times does he reply, e mail [email protected]
I no he's still about because I was speaking to him in Milano last week.
good luck, and do let us all know how you get on.:)

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
Very sorry to hear about your engine problem: sad commentary on MV's quality control since there have been several other examples of this conrod problem.

I don't see what your local dealer is having a issue with. Obviously the engine failed in a major way and needs replacing with a new motor. Installation is pretty straightforward. I wouldn't even attempt to rebuild the damaged engine.

Hope you get things straightened out and are out riding again soon.

Eric
I agree with you, I'v just had a brand new engine installed in my F4 1000RR because is was burning 1litre of oil per 500 miles. MotoGB did the work and have made a great job, not as mark to be seen.:yo:

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
That is terrible and i have read a few reports of this on the forum, it makes me think the torque wrench needs calibrating??!!, good luck with getting it sorted and please your ok.
May sound a bit gruesome but have you got any pictures? Did you get any warning before it happened (extra noisey or rattling?)
Any MV dealer should take this on regardless as MV will be stumping up for the bill, its good business sense if they are more local, servicing and maintenance is always a possiblity in the future....silly buggers i can see they will be never getting your business again.
You say, you think any dealer would do the work as MV are stumping up the bill, which you are right but that not the full issue??:jsm: I walk into a dealership with my, lets say 6 year old MV, I need new pistons installing, I say. the dealer says no problem, we charge £60 per hour plus parts. :conveyer:
Now lets change this story a tad,, I take my 2 year old MV to the nearest MV garage, I say the bike needs new pistons fitting, the garage agrees, MV Italy agrees, the now garage has to carry out the work for MV for about £20 per hour, and that can lead to problems, can you see the bigger picture now?:banghead:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I can then add a small something here.
A 2012 F4R with 2840 km on the odometer. Same situation, more or less (bike is imported inside the EU). One dealer don`t wanna touch it and actually outright refuses it. So much for warranty there.
Another dealer, rather far away accepts it but will need extra to cover their expenses as MV apparently don`t fully reimburse them for warranty work. Now 6 months later I have this piece of info...

Bolts broken on intake camshaft cog wheel, resulting in 4 crooked intake valves, valve steerings? broken with accompanying scratches on cylinders and marks on pistons.

We shall see where this ends.. But still. At least the second dealer took it in, although their customers goes first, which is acceptable of course. Also, if I am to cover the sum up to the dealers working cost, fine by me. I do not like it, but it is understandable.
First dealer got a complaint straight to MV from me. I do not think it changes anything though.
I would like a new engine, but I guess that will not happen either..

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had the same problem with a 2007 312r. the dealer denied anyhelp since the bike was 6 year old but only 2.5k km on the clocks. after insisting i sent the motor to the varese, IT for MV to see if the damage was in anyway an assembling line fault. Cost me about 300euro for shipping but I got a brand new motor. I thank MV for that because they stood back of their product althought there was no warranty in effect. Mr Pin is your man but you should get in touch with him thru your dealer. Good luck.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Wow, so moral of the story is there is no point in being the first owner as the dealers will not honor the warranty....
Was thinking the same thing myself but did not want to mention it so I would not piss people off. That's a lot of money to spend to be on your own for repairs. :/

1 - 20 of 70 Posts