MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Any word on getting a manual for this little beasty?
I'm looking for that, too. The Maintenance section on the USB stick doesn't tell you much at all. I'm a 10-hr round trip from the nearest dealer and there's no way I'm going over there for every oil change, etc. I need the procedures and torques for things like oil filter change, front and rear wheel removal, brake pad changes, chain adjustment etc. etc. That book should be available to all of us that want to know everything there is about this bike.

·
Administrator
19,858 Posts
Did you ask the dealer to sell you one???? They have access on line in PDF format, and I imagine MV will be selling them.

·
Registered
233 Posts
i really really like to have one copy of maintenance servicing manual..... beecause my dealer, Prioritas Autotech, has really let me down under...

they stated that they are no longer an MV Agusta dealer... ! :( even i haven't done the first 1000 km and they already gone !.. this is really.. really.. stressing..

may somebody help me??

·
Administrator
19,858 Posts
Maybe send an inquiry to MV Agusta customer service directly. I think there is an email link on the web site.
Or contact one of the MV dealers that sponsor this forum and ask them if they can sell you a copy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I inquired at Ride and they are working on getting a copy in DVD or CD format. They said it's not yet available, but should be sometime in 2-3 months. They can't provide their copy unfortunately.

Oh and the MV course pipes? About $3125.00 CDN. YEESH! STeep for just headers. I'll wait for the aftermarket to work on this.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I inquired at Ride and they are working on getting a copy in DVD or CD format. They said it's not yet available, but should be sometime in 2-3 months. They can't provide their copy unfortunately.

Oh and the MV course pipes? About $3125.00 CDN. YEESH! STeep for just headers. I'll wait for the aftermarket to work on this.

damn. that kind of cash will get you some sweet goodies....ohlins rear shock...carbon wheels are a couple that pop into my mind,

·
Registered
352 Posts
I am getting the manual either today or tomorrow. Had to sell my furniture to pay for it :bawling:

·
Registered
504 Posts
$3125 Canadian won't get you BST wheels, let alone both those and an Ohlins rear shock. MV accessory prices are crazy high though.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yeah the manual is useless. Doesn't even tell you how to adjust the chain! Which by they way looks like a mystery to me with my lack of interest in playing mechanic.

I tour a bit so I will need to buy and carry that weird 55mm socket required to remove the rear wheel in case I get a flat in the wop wops.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah the manual is useless. Doesn't even tell you how to adjust the chain! Which by they way looks like a mystery to me with my lack of interest in playing mechanic.

I tour a bit so I will need to buy and carry that weird 55mm socket required to remove the rear wheel in case I get a flat in the wop wops.
I did my chain adjustment yesterday... easy enough. You do need the special tool though. Same one that I used on the 848 works for this one as well. Also having a torque wrench is helpful.

http://www.amazon.com/Ducati-Chain-Adjuster-Tool-1098/dp/B005CW9S0Y

·
Registered
570 Posts
$3125 Canadian won't get you BST wheels, let alone both those and an Ohlins rear shock. MV accessory prices are crazy high though.
Of coarse you can't by wheels and a shock for 3 grand. But you can get carbon wheels OR a rear shock and something else with 3 grand.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Handed to me by the shop owner with my free battery tender and MV welcome kit (that usb stick and letter from giovani)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
352 Posts
Handed to me by the shop owner with my free battery tender and MV welcome kit (that usb stick and letter from giovani)
Same for me, was handed to me along with other goodies by my dealer.
I received the service manual today, but it is in Italian, all 180 pages. Google translate doesn't work on such a large file. I'll get in touch with MV to see if they provide me the english manual.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Id be keen to get a copy. There are about a million Italians herein Melbourne....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Yada yada yada

aint it the same as the F4? perhaps im wrong as I have no interest in the f3, but if same set up, it should be in manual same as its in F4 manual, once youve done it once you wont need the manual but its pretty step by step straight forward.

you will have to check F3 set up, but here is a copy of F4 instructions, not sure why it isnt in the F3 manual?

If you have not interested like you say, in the F3, whatcha doing here huh:naughty:.
BTW, nooooooo, not the same as the other bikes, procedure might be the same but the chain tension is way different.

If these F3 guys could have a look or post in the maint section...etc, instead of starting a new post for every single fart or though they have, they might figure out that I/we posted posted chain tension and wheel removal procedure months ago.

I know I sound like Noel, but F... me silly, start a new thread under F3 to ask what polish to use on your F3:stickpoke, there are people out there with F3's that need real help.

If you know what I mean.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
To the excuse of all F3 owners and their questions, stupid or smart, I must admit that the late edition owners manuals are lacking on useful maintenance informations. The owners manuals are thick as novels but only because of the multi lingual in which they are published. Furthermore this owners manuals are to the most part teaching the owners about their dash / mode options. Chain adjustment is nothing worth while to be mentioned in the owners manual. Therefore I fear F3 owners have to go to their computers, stick their F3 USB stick into the slot and download the maintenance manual. I think chain adjustment is anywhere under chapter E.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts