MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few questions here:

1) I am way overdue for the 6000 km service. I thought I would do the oil myself, because it will be anther 500 km before I get to the dealer. Do I really need any special tool? Or will my standard filter wrench (I use for the Suzuki) work just fine? To forestall the obvious question: no I don't have a filter on hand to check with!

2) Are there any special tools required for the throttle bodies and drive chain? The manual says there are but.... :jsm: Maybe not?

3) Anybody at all have a .pdf of the shop manual? I have been trying in vain to get one for 2 years, and my patience is at an end. I have looked online, but only found 750 manuals. Anybody at all have one for the 1000? :heart:

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Keep us posted on your maint... if you have time and a digi cam handy :)

Good luck with your service :naughty:

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
1. i have not needed a special tool to remove the filter. i have a cap socket that works fine. it fits a 3/8" drive wrench. it looks a lot like this:

2. i'm not sure about special tools for the throttle bodies. depends on what you are doing. i just used a Fluke DMM to verify the zero position of the TPS. however, it can get more complex if you need to make changes to that. you need a tool that measured the angle of the throttle butterflys. however, it's unlikely your bike will need that adjustment.

3. not sure where to get the 1k manuals on-line. sorry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts