MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great yesterday, my Magni Storia conversion completed on my 910R. This is Magni's classic inspired dress up kit for the Brutale. The kit was ordered last September when I visited the Magni factory, arrived by Fed Ex in crates in March 2014.

Giovanni Magni went to extra effort to adapt the gas tank to fit the early 2004-2009 bikes, his prototype is based on the 2013 1090R Brutale. There are a few other subtle changes as well.

The kitset comprises:
- a set of spoked KINEO wheels
- handcrafted aluminum gas tank, direct replacement for the stock tank, fuel pump drops right in.
- new fibreglass seat base/tail section, leather upholstered seat
- new sub frame
- new rear fender, taillight & plate holder
- new front fender
- new round headlight and fabricated headlight bracket
- new chrome Magni swan neck exhaust

The fit and finish is exquisite. The aluminum parts are anodized natural colour. The sound from the exhaust is quite deep and throaty, not too loud.

I will be making my way to the Quail gathering next week with the Storia where I will participate in the ride day and display. Love to chat..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
That's a nice looking kit. I like the Kineo spoked wheels. Are there optional add ons to the kit or is it one complete setup? Is there an instrument shroud (Windshield?) and mirror change to match?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The windshield didn't come with the kit - I am checking about that with Magni. I need to upgrade the indicators, the stock ones look clumsy and the mirrors should be changed as well. Still some bits to go.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Very Nice. What's a kit worth,I asked Giovanni awhile ago but wouldn't tell me as they were still working it out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Now there is another Storia on the road.
This time on german streets

:drummer:

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks great to see another Storia on the road. It's been really quiet with Magni this last 6 months - any idea what the sales stats are? I have displayed mine in all the major shows on the West Coast - Quail in California in May, Le May at Seattle in August and around Vancouver - a lot of interest especially in the wheels, not a lot of people serious enough to be wanting one. I am assuming a few have gone to Japan?

I just love the Storia - it is off the wall different and with so much class. The seat could do with some extra padding though, typical Italian wooden board with a leather covering.. The sound is really quite excellent, louder, deeper and a nice roar instead of a scream.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Just got the December 2014 issue of Motorcyclist Magazine, and the Magni Storia Brutale is featured in a one page article with three pictures.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts