MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
That looks just Great Jochen!..., I went through all the photos and it really is a super job.

Thank you for posting.
Brian.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Really cool and basically exactly what I thought to build with my friend.
So that basically is the end of our plans but I would love to know what Giovanni wants for the bike or the kit.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Really cool and basically exactly what I thought to build with my friend.
So that basically is the end of our plans but I would love to know what Giovanni wants for the bike or the kit.
+1, thought it was just a matter of time before this happened . Wonder how expensive they will be. Very cool

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
If you find a wrecked 3 cylinder with a good motor and you’re into retro then I suppose this is an option.
However, It’s not just the engine but the state-of-the-art handling that make the new MV 3’s so inviting.
It sure looks purrrdy but, old world design, upright twin shocks and 18 inch wheels... I’m not feeling it.

Not as found of the naked version.

It should be fully faired.

That sump hanging down has me concerned, although I suppose it isn’t any worse then on the new bikes.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I guess it depends on how high and what angle the engine is mounted at? If it were me I'd stick some sort of sump guard on it at least. Maybe in the *3 Platfor the engine is higher/angled to bring the sump up and away from the ground?

·
Super Moderator
24,102 Posts
The Ducati Monster S4Rs has the same sump "issue". 20,000 miles of riding and no damage.

·
Registered
181 Posts
ok, beside technical and design issues... ;-)

my intention is to know about the motivation to do such an effort...

Only for exhibition purpose or are they willing to sell it?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
ok, beside technical and design issues... ;-)

my intention is to know about the motivation to do such an effort...

Only for exhibition purpose or are they willing to sell it?
Toni, Magni has been in business since 1977. Expect this to be revealed as a kit at EICMA in Milano next week.

http://www.magni.it/

Also, we have at least three threads on this subject in three different sections. :ahhh:
Perhaps someone would be so kind as to merge them all into one. :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Toni, Magni has been in business since 1977. Expect this to be revealed as a kit at EICMA in Milano next week.

http://www.magni.it/

Also, we have at least three threads on this subject in three different sections. :ahhh:
Perhaps someone would be so kind as to merge them all into one. :)
ok ok... ;-)
I haven´t used the forum search...

I´d rather have a 3cyl Ago replica instead of that kit...

·
Registered
465 Posts
The Ducati Monster S4Rs has the same sump "issue". 20,000 miles of riding and no damage.
I never noticed. Must be all those ugly water pipes in the way ;) (I have an air cooled M600)

I really fancy a new Monster, but house and other grown up costs take over. :(

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I'm with Stephen on this. Not sure I want 125 hp with these ancient 2-piston brake calipers and small discs, or the spindly forks, etc. It appears to me like a project that was not quite thought thru enough.

Nice styling exercise, though. :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm with Stephen on this. Not sure I want 125 hp with these ancient 2-piston brake calipers and small discs, or the spindly forks, etc. It appears to me like a project that was not quite thought thru enough.

I run spoke wheels and a 4 leading shoe front brake on my F4 replica - 17,000kms and no concerns

·
Registered
181 Posts

In the german MV forum, it was said that the customer is a japanese mtorcycle antiquarian... ;-)

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
I'd take that in heartbeat - worry about the pros & cons later, but I am wired a little different to most ;)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I'd take that in heartbeat - worry about the pros & cons later, but I am wired a little different to most ;)
+1, you buy a bike like that with your heart .if you are thinking about the negatives it's not for you.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts